New 3800 Cyclone--How to fill fresh water tank??

Swaters

we have a brand new 3800 Cyclone and we are curious if anyone knows how to fill the fresh water tank. It doesn't have the old style where you just stick the hose in it.
Here are our questions:
1. It has 4 settings-city/tank/normal/sanitize-winterize. We are not hooking up to city so we assume it is tank or normal but don't know.
2. Is there a process to fill it. It seems to be slow to fill.

danemayer

Hi Swaters,

Attach the water hose to the city water inlet and turn the 4-way valve to TANK. That will fill the tank. You should have a couple of overflow fittings sticking out the frame - perhaps near the main entry stairs on the doorside. When full, water will come out the overflow fittings.

There's more information on the Anderson 4-way valve and other parts of your water system in our owner-written Water Systems Guide. Here's a link.

ILH

I always carry a 10 foot section of hose specifically for filling at water stations. I have yet to see a filling station that doesn't have a threaded connection that you can attach to (in addition to the rubber hose that hangs freely).

I always carry a 10 foot section of hose specifically for filling at water stations. I have yet to see a filling station that doesn't have a threaded connection that you can attach to (in addition to the rubber hose that hangs freely).
He's asking about the tank on his trailer, not standpipes to fill from.

chiefneon

Hi Swaters,

Attach the water hose to the city water inlet and turn the 4-way valve to TANK. That will fill the tank. You should have a couple of overflow fittings sticking out the frame - perhaps near the main entry stairs on the doorside. When full, water will come out the overflow fittings.

There's more information on the Anderson 4-way valve and other parts of your water system in our owner-written Water Systems Guide. Here's a link.

Howdy!

Dan, I have a 2014 Cyclone 4000. I tried filling my fresh water tank as described. When I did I had water come running out of the bottom of the 5er just under at livingroom entry door. It was not come from any fittings. I was told the overflow was small hole located near the intake and the four way switch. I'm very concerned about water come from under the 5er. I also had some water inside my pass through storage area.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

danemayer

Howdy!

Dan, I have a 2014 Cyclone 4000. I tried filling my fresh water tank as described. When I did I had water come running out of the bottom of the 5er just under at livingroom entry door. It was not come from any fittings. I was told the overflow was small hole located near the intake and the four way switch. I'm very concerned about water come from under the 5er. I also had some water inside my pass through storage area.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Chiefneon,

With the 4way valve, there should be overflow lines coming out the top of the fresh tank, run along the frame and out so they overflow from the fitting onto the ground. The ones Ive seen are 1/2" 90 degree PEX fittings. One near the steps.

We have seen one post recently about an overflow fitting that was left above the coroplast. Also, on rigs with 2 fresh tanks, there have been a few reports of problems with the hose that connects the 2 tanks. In both cases, to see what's going on, a few of the screws holding the coroplast need to be removed.

chiefneon

Howdy!

That what ours was doing. When took it back to CW for some warranty work for other things including this they found that during the build they just layed the dran overflow in the bottom of the 5er. CW had to cut a hole in the bottom to find the problem then route the hoses out through the bottom. WHAT GREAT QUALITY CONTROL AT THE HEARTLAND FACTORY!

kasey200

Yes no kidding! it sucks because the dealership is 8hrs from home. i will call heartland and see if someone closer can look at it.

ILH

Mine overflows exactly as in the video - but with no problems. That's where the overflow from the tank comes out. My only design suggestion for the engineers would be to have the overflow hose on the opposite side, so that when you're filling the tank, you can see the overflow happening, rather than constantly running back and forth.