New bighorn owner

Blue Oval

Hello everyone, my name is Steve and I'm new to owning a 5th Wheeler. I would appreciate any advice or input. I purchased a 2013 bighorn 36tb. Thanks

danemayer

Hi Bighorn5ver,

You might want to take a look at the manuals section of the forum. Here are links to our owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides. They contain a wealth of information that comes from actually using our RVs. You can also get to those areas of the forum by clicking on the TOOLS button on the navbar at top of the page.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
From my prospective you've already done two of the best things you could have. Bought a Heartland and joined this forum. You have questions, you need help, you will get it here FAST.

The next thing you could do is join the Heartland Owners club and start attending some rallies. You will learn more about your coach than you would believe and meet some of the greatest people around.

Best of luck on your new adventure!!!

Blue Oval

Thank you everyone, looking forward to learning all i can about my new camper. I have learned a lot about my truck on my other forum and I found that there is not usually anything that you can't get an answer for on a forum. :)

SDfromSD

Congrats on the new 36TB. We are looking for the same model or a 37QB. Can I ask what swayed you to the 36TB? Not trying to derail your thread, just curious.
thanks!

Blue Oval

SDfromSD:331216 said:
Congrats on the new 36TB. We are looking for the same model or a 37QB. Can I ask what swayed you to the 36TB? Not trying to derail your thread, just curious.
thanks!

I looked at both models and to be honest there really aren't very many out there to choose from. I ended up buying a used 2013 that I'm driving from central Florida to Missouri to pick up. I looked at several different makes, that offered the outside cooking area and the half bath with outside entrance, which were my 2 biggest requirements and the heartland seemed to be the best quality. I didn't see very many 37QB's to even compare. I think it had a rear 2nd door instead of on the side. I thought that might be a little awkward. But they are laid out pretty much the same from what I remember. I'll have to take another look.

SDfromSD

I've also been looking at the 36TB, 37QB, and the Sanpiper 365saq I think it was. Just looking for a quad-bunk, outside kitchen, and extra 1/2 bath with 2nd outside door. The 37QB has the door on the side as well. Sounds like you have a long drive ahead but well worth it in the end. I agree they are hard to find, so if I see something local it might be worth jumping on.
can I ask what you are pulling it with?

Blue Oval

SDfromSD:331522 said:
I've also been looking at the 36TB, 37QB, and the Sanpiper 365saq I think it was. Just looking for a quad-bunk, outside kitchen, and extra 1/2 bath with 2nd outside door. The 37QB has the door on the side as well. Sounds like you have a long drive ahead but well worth it in the end. I agree they are hard to find, so if I see something local it might be worth jumping on.
can I ask what you are pulling it with?

You and i are on the same track as far as what we are looking for and models we have/are looking at. The Salem hemisphere also has a couple of models you might be interested in. As far as what I'm pulling with.....that would be the almighty Ford power stroke...2011 F350 4x4 crew cab. Looking forward to getting the camper home. Let me know what you end up getting.

4ever

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the Heartland family. I am sure you will enjoy it very much. One of the best things you can do is stay on the forum. You can learn a lot just reading.

Ted

SDfromSD

Did you ever get the camper home? How did it pull?
We have a couple 37QBs that came in fairly locally but both have the Platinum exterior color. I was really hoping to get a white exterior to match the truck, but would like to see the Platinum in person. Curious what color you got?