new camper Three water inputs

C-Rad

I have a new 2016 26foot Prowler. I have on the right side of the camper the opening to fill the internal fresh water tank. On the back of the camper I have the attachment for hose labeled city water and on the left side of the camper near the slide out I have another water input for a hose labeled fresh water? I think. or potable water. Going from memory at the moment. would have to check again when I get home.

I was disappointed with the walk around as they did not explain this. They did not know and then basically one was to flush the system?

silvasp

One of those is probably to clean the black tank.

One, no screw connection, is to fill the Fresh tank.
Two have a screw connection for a water hose. One of those is for city water the other should be for the black tank sprayer.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'll bet the one on the back is the black tank sprayer . . . especially if you have the rear bathroom!

If it makes a funny whiney sound when you have water running into it . . . that is exactly what it is.

Lynn1130

Better be sure! On my previous bumper pull trailer the connection on the back was for city water and I had a rear bathroom.

C-Rad

Better be sure! On my previous bumper pull trailer the connection on the back was for city water and I had a rear bathroom.

All,

I just checked the one on the rear says city water, my camper has the full size bunks on the passenger side and bath on the driver side rear. the odd one I am talking about on the drivers side of the camper just says fresh water hook-up and it is directly above my black and grey water drain pipe. So I am guessing you all are right that it is a black tank cleanout. well that's cool. Do campground dump spots usually have a fresh water hook-up? that would make sense. I never noticed as I had a pop-up for years before this big boy.

Thanks for the info everyone. Now why wouldn't the **** dealer I bought it from know this easily? The only thing the lady said was its "probably" used to clean out something

Thanks I will be posting some more questions. Getting anxious to get it out for the first shakedown camping trip. So I have to de-winterize and start doing some more system checks. This thing is like a spaceship compared to the more primitive type of camping I'm used to. LOL

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our previous bumper pull trailer, a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 22RK (RK stands for Rear Kitchen), had the fresh water (city) connection on the back of the trailer and the fresh water tank fill up next to the rear entrance door on the door (curb) side of the trailer.

It didn't have the tank flush, but if it did it would most likely have been on the off door side near the tank drain-outs.

CamperAt CWFlagstaffAZ.jpg

Attachments

• SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg
    SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 18

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
C-rad, a word of caution. When you find the black tank flush port. NEVER..EVER turn it on and walk away. Don't ask. Also get a clear drain adapter, put it on the end of the dump hose so you can see if the you got all the trout and wrapping paper out of the tank. It will take 3-4 times to get the tank clean...clear water only. I run mine about 5 minutes each time. Make sure when you flush the toilet....use lots of water. Otherwise the solids will drop to the bottom of the tank...build up and will be hard to get out.

2 things to get. A good pressure regulator with a gauge and a Volttera gate valve to put on the end of your dump pipe. Leave it on the dump pipe. You will not regret it. Don't ask how lots of us know.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
On my North Trail TT, city water hook up is on the left side at the rear, the connection on the back above the bumper is the Tank Flush. This unit also has the rear bathroom.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
BTW, never use your fresh water hose to flush the black tank. Use a separate hose for that and mark it some how. Reason being you might contaminate your fresh water hose and "your next drink of water or coffee could be your last".

mlpeloquin

I have the standard white portable water hoses for fresh water. The black tank rinse is a standard garden hose. Cannot make a mistake that way.