New cyclone 4100 King

choprpilot76

WOOOHOOO!!!! We just locked down a deal on a 2014 4100......FINALLY!!! We have been patiently waiting to buy a fifth wheel toy hauler for OVER 6 years. We got the LOWEST price I have EVER seen advertised and a MUCH lower APR than I thought we would get. Words can't describe how happy and relieved we are to have finally got one. I have to drive from southern Louisiana to Ohio (Holman RV) next weekend to pick it up. I can't wait to hit the road with it. I retire from the Army in 3.5 months and we are going to hit the road for a few weeks with it. What a way to close out 20 years. See ya all on the road.;)

kowAlski631

Congrats!! Enjoy!!! Thanks for your service.

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
WOOOHOOO!!!! We just locked down a deal on a 2014 4100......FINALLY!!! We have been patiently waiting to buy a fifth wheel toy hauler for OVER 6 years. We got the LOWEST price I have EVER seen advertised and a MUCH lower APR than I thought we would get. Words can't describe how happy and relieved we are to have finally got one. I have to drive from southern Louisiana to Ohio (Holman RV) next weekend to pick it up. I can't wait to hit the road with it. I retire from the Army in 3.5 months and we are going to hit the road for a few weeks with it. What a way to close out 20 years. See ya all on the road.;)

Hey pilot I am just south of you in the lake Charles area. I was up in leesville yesterday. Are you from the area and just got lucky to get stationed here or do you claim residency somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choprpilot76

Hey pilot I am just south of you in the lake Charles area. I was up in leesville yesterday. Are you from the area and just got lucky to get stationed here or do you claim residency somewhere else?

Lol, "Luck" isn't the word I would use to describe getting stationed here, but no, I am not from here. Unfortunately I am from southern CA, not that I say that to proudly, nor will I be settling down back there. I got stationed here to help stay with my family, and to assist the Army's need to fill a UH-72 Instructor Pilot shortage. But, like I said, I am out of here at the end of May. Destination, still unknown.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Lol, "Luck" isn't the word I would use to describe getting stationed here, but no, I am not from here. Unfortunately I am from southern CA, not that I say that to proudly, nor will I be settling down back there. I got stationed here to help stay with my family, and to assist the Army's need to fill a UH-72 Instructor Pilot shortage. But, like I said, I am out of here at the end of May. Destination, still unknown.

Yeah that luck was tounge in cheek. Lol Not that much to be appreciated in that part of Louisiana and it has been a few years since I have been on base so not sure about that part either. Lol. Good luck to you and if you ever need anything down this way, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyb

choprpilot76, congratulations on your new 4100 and thank you for your service to our country. Enjoy your road trip. You have earned it.

jeffdee

Congrats on your new rig. Thanks for your service.

The wife and I will be in Henderson, La on March 20 - 23 at the Cajun Palms RV resort in our 3110. Stick a golf cart in your garage and come join us. I will be boiling crawfish on Saturday the 22nd.

ptysonjr

Thank you for your service brother, former Air Force here. Somewhere earlier in the post someone asked about TP holder in restroom. Here is what we got from Bed Bath and Beyond. We also saw the same basic holder at Walmart.
a5u2egut.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

choprpilot76

Congrats on your new rig. Thanks for your service.

The wife and I will be in Henderson, La on March 20 - 23 at the Cajun Palms RV resort in our 3110. Stick a golf cart in your garage and come join us. I will be boiling crawfish on Saturday the 22nd.

I appreciate the offer jeffdee, that would be a great, and local place to break it in on a weekend with the family. Unfortunately where I am stationed here at Fort Polk (aka: JRTC - Joint Readiness Training Center) we will have a large unit in the training area and that means "game on", and all work no play. We are hoping to get down to that beach front RV park in Galveston, TX in April for Spring Break to break it in. Also, we are probably going to move out of our military housing a month early and stay in the brand new RV park they just built on post at Alligator Lake. We will end up living in this for about 2 months before we get settled in our new location.

jayc

Legendary Member
Here's a warning about RV sites in the Galveston area. One of our daughters and her two boys live nearby. We just came down for a month and couldn't find ANYTHING in an RV park and ended up north of Houston in Montgomery. We were told that there is a lot of work going on in the plants in Texas City. Almost forgot that I did find some sites at the Sandpiper motel & RV park. They just went in the summer rates of $60 per night with no weekly/monthly rate.

Good luck.

choprpilot76

Ok, so I have a question about warranty..I have always bought them on my vehicles, because there is a lot that can go wrong with them. But they want $2200 for a 6 yr extended warranty just to cover appliances and jack system. Seems like a lot. I mean the thing doesn't have a transmission or engine. What do you think? For the first time I in my life I am considering not getting it. Feedback?

danemayer

Ok, so I have a question about warranty..I have always bought them on my vehicles, because there is a lot that can go wrong with them. But they want $2200 for a 6 yr extended warranty just to cover appliances and jack system. Seems like a lot. I mean the thing doesn't have a transmission or engine. What do you think? For the first time I in my life I am considering not getting it. Feedback?
Hi choprpilot76,

First thing is you need to carefully read and understand the fine print. What exactly is covered and what is not? What are the claims procedures? Who has to certify what to whom to get claims approval?

You also need to evaluate how long the company has been around. It's easy to sell a lot of policies and then go bankrupt.

You should consider the deductibles. For example, if a 42" TV is covered and there's a $300 deductible, you may be asked to get an estimate. If repair cost is less than $300, you get nothing. If more, maybe you want to buy a new TV for $500. Can the repair cost less deductible be applied to a new purchase?

Of all your appliances, the most expensive to repair and probably one of the most common ones to fail is the refrigerator. A 4-door model may cost $3000 to replace and if it needs a cooling unit replacement, that can run close to $3000.

An alternative would be to put the $2200 in the bank and use it for whatever post-warranty repairs are needed.

choprpilot76

Of all your appliances, the most expensive to repair and probably one of the most common ones to fail is the refrigerator. A 4-door model may cost $3000 to replace and if it needs a cooling unit replacement, that can run close to $3000.

Wow, do the refrigerators really break that often enough to justify a warranty? And at that price, that's ridiculous.

remoandiris

We will end up living in this for about 2 months before we get settled in our new location.

If you can, consider fulltiming instead of buying a home at your settled area. May not be practical if you have kids, but if it is just you and the wife...

If I knew then what I know now.

choprpilot76

If you can, consider fulltiming instead of buying a home at your settled area. May not be practical if you have kids, but if it is just you and the wife...

If I knew then what I know now.
I would love to, but like you said, kids. We have 4 kids, ages 4-11. But we hope to use it enough to consider it a second vacation home, frequently used.

choprpilot76

Cyclone Warranty (yes or no)?

Hello my fellow Cyclone owners. As of this week I can finally call myself one, woohoo, after 6+ years of very patiently waiting (Cyclone 4100). I am driving from southern LA up to Holman RV in Ohio next weekend to take delivery and bring it home. I have a week to decide on purchasing the extended warranty or not, and I need some input from Cyclone specific owners, not just general Heartland RV's. I have been reading a lot of people saying that theirs is about to expire and they are probably not going to purchase a new one because they never needed the first one. That makes me feel good about the quality of the product, but I still haven't decided if I should get it. I personally think $2200 for 6 years is a bit much for a vehicle that isn't self mobile (engine/transmission). You can buy the same warranty for that price for a car. Danemayer gave me some good thinking points in another thread, but I would really like some more input from multiple sources. Do you all recommend it? Danemayer was telling me that a new refrigerator unit alone is about $3k, and that it is a common thing to go out. That scares me, that a refrigerator could have such a short life, especially such an expensive one. I have never even had a home refrigerator go out, after MANY years of use. Please weigh in, I would appreciate the input. I always buy the extended warranty with my new cars, but this is a new world for me. It comes with a one year warranty, is it that much more money to buy one in a year from now when the free factory warranty runs out. The dealership said it can run about the same price as I stated, for only maybe 4 years if I wait until after the RV is titled. Thanks for the help, Daron.

porthole

Retired
Extended warranties - which are not really warranties to begin with (they are service contracts) are not a very good investment. You find find a few that have had positive experiences with them, but .............

Most are small companies that have limited options with getting repairs. You will some that may only be a "warranty company" that really is your selling dealer.

Extended warranties with autos and trucks are something to consider, and this is just my opionon , but it is based on almost 20 years of new car dealer expierence.
Providing you don't get hoodwinked by the dealer, an extended service contract, policy, agreement, whatever it is called is backed by the manufacturer, e.g. Ford, GM, Chrysler.

That means you have nationwide and Canada support. And a seemless to the customer repair authorization and reimbursement.

Granted the fridge on these RV's are pricey, and you take your chances with and without a service contract. At $2200 it sounds like your dealer is on the low end of cost, and you really need to read the fine print. Compare that with at least a big name service provider like the Good Sam policy.

And if they offered it to you for $2200, odds are you can negotiate that down some more.

These policies are big money makers for the Dealers, including the automotive policies. My F-350 contract for example had a list price of $3400 for a 7 year 100K mile contract. I paid $1900.
New vehicles have enough very expensive components to justify in my mind at least, a service contract.

scottyb

Re: Cyclone Warranty (yes or no)?

Daron, a lot of people will tell you not to purchase a warranty and to use the money saved for repairs. Others like myself, like the peace of mind and not having to budget for major repairs. Just make sure you know EXACTLY what you are getting.

choprpilot76

I would assume that since RV's are made for traveling, that I can use it at any authorized Heartland dealer? It doesn't have specifically be a Cyclone dealer correct, just Heartland?

remoandiris

I bought one. Is it worth it? That will depend on whether or not I use it in the next 6 years.

My first 5er was a used Jayco. I bought an extended warranty (it was really an insurance policy) and used it once for a repair to the gray tank. That expense was almost equal to the policy I bought, so it paid for itself. Not to mention when I traded in the Jayco I got a refund for the balance of the policy term.

In my case it was WELL worth it.

Carefully read what is covered; structural, electrical, appliances, air con, etc. It might be MORE important to know what is NOT covered.

No matter what you decide, have as much fun as you can.