New Cyclone Vents for my Cyclone!

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Well it was a planned upgrade - but I was kind of forced into the upgrade sooner than later since I hooked the cable line going to my house when backing in on Monday!!! I've been after the cable company to remove that line for over a year. Nuff said they no longer have do that - it is now removed with attitude!

Well the cable line ripped off one of my forward vents so today I accessed the roof with Cyclone in hand and all the tools and silicon as prescribed by the vendor.

First off let me say that the original vent was well ( and I do mean WELL ) installed - it was a Bi*ch to remove... But when I did finally get it off - I found the Vent pipe was not vertical, but came out of the roof at an angel. This does not permit for the proper use of a Cyclone Vent - but since I had it and the rain is coming (again) I installed the Cyclone Vent to insure we were weather tight. Now I assume that the Cyclone will still function as a vent without spinning as freely as it would have if it was mounted properly.

With the Cap style vents the angel really makes no difference - but something to be aware of if you are looking to upgrade a perfectly functional vent ... check to be sure the vent pipe exits the roof vertically ...

Kevin

porthole

Retired
Same with mine, but they are almost vertical.

And I couldn't use the one by the fridge vent, too close.