New Dachshund Puppy

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Heading down to Whytheville, VA tomorrow morning to pick up a new Dachshund puppy. We're going to try it with Mom and the trailer, staying overnight tomorrow night at Fort Chiswell RV Park. If you hear screaming sounds coming from that area, it will be me pulling my hair out. :rolleyes:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Nothing sweeter than a weiner puppy. You may as well just let it sleep with you since that is where it will end up anyway. Don't ask how we know, but we have experience in this area. Lol

Kristy

boatto5er

Nothing sweeter than a weiner puppy. You may as well just let it sleep with you since that is where it will end up anyway. Don't ask how we know, but we have experience in this area. Lol

Kristy

We know this well Kristy. Our previous one slept under the covers at the foot of the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillsonwheels

Hey..........Too bad we are already booked for an all day family get together. Would have run out to see you folks. Our summer, one site, CG is at Claytor Lake. We have stayed at Ft. Chiswell a few times while in transit. Matter of fact we met Calvin and Judy Hicks there last year and did the Old Time Fiddlers convention in Galax, VA and drove over to Floyd to hear some blue grass music. Nice CG. Reta's cousins do the bookwork for the CG. Fellow who runs it, Jeff(?), used to be a golf pro. Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the CG.

AnnR

Congrats on the new puppy! I fostered a mini dachshund from a puppy mill last year - what a cutie! It was so fun to watch him play tug of war with our 60 pound coonhound - and "flirt" with our golden/shiba mix who is ten times his size. He could be a little holy terror (loved to chew electrical cords) but there were definitely no dry eyes (and quite a few sniffles) in our house when he found his forever home.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We know this well Kristy. Our previous one slept under the covers at the foot of the bed.

The one we have now sleeps on her side and sneaks up to the pillow if you don't watch it. WE have to ask permission to get up in the morning since she isn't always ready when we are! lol

Enjoy the new little bundle of joy.

Kristy

boatto5er

We're in Ft Chiswell RV Park for night. Nice place for overnighting. Just off I81/I77 in Whytheville, VA. Picking up the new pup in the morning. Still tossing names around.

Last edited:

BHEWITTJR

Good luck with the new pup! Ours just takes charge now matter where she goes. When my wife came home with her I thought she was the coolest looking little thing. Her only bad habit is she chases the one cat just out of the blue.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Good lookin boy... How about those paws... Look like they are good size..

Congrats... Hope you have a great time with the new King..

BC

FordMan1966

We have 2 Mini Dachshunds that travel with us a Chocolate female and a reddish/blue female. These are great little dogs. When they get about 3 yrs. old or so start watching for back issues. Hopefully you will not experience this but they are prone to back problems. We love our Dachshunds and they love to travel in the 2013 Landmark GC. We take ours to Myrtle Beach, Pigeon Forge and Fort Wilderness at Disney World every year.