New Heartland Bighorn owner...

OverFT5

Hi. We've been 5er owners for the past five years, this year we purchased a 'gently used' Bighorn 3670RL. So far, we're loving it. I'm guessing we'll have lots of questions... glad to be on this forum.

OverFT5

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
OverFT5, welcome to the forum and Heartland family. You will find this forum very useful. It is the best.
Be sure to check out the Cali rallies and the Heartland Owners Club.

Peace
Dave

fawsty

Welcome. I'm new here as well. So far, it's been a wealth of knowledge. I bought a Bighorn 3670RL new in 2008, and have not looked back. I absolutely love it. There have been issues, of course, but nothing that has not been able to be sorted out, so far...You will enjoy it greatly, and just make sure you use it often. Have fun. Steven

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy and get many years of enjoyment out of your New to you Coach.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
OverFT5 and fawsty, A big Heartland Welcome to you and your families. the 3670 has been a very popular model for the Bighorn. I urge you to get involved in the Heartland Owners Club to meet some new friends and fellow Heartland Owners and some good benefits.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
OverFT5 and fawsty, as the rest of our "family" says, welcome to the Owners Forum and the HL family! I'd also invite you to any of the Heartland Pacific region rallies where you can get some first- hand advice and meet other HL fans. The first one coming up is in Oroville, at the Feather Falls KOA at the end of March. Details are on the forum portal page under rallies. Look forward to meeting both of you in the future! Enjoy those new rigs!

OverFT5

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Our new used is a 2008. The biggest problem to date (laugh at this) was trying to close up the table. Finally figured it out. Our other problem is the Apollo microwave/oven which seems to have a mind of its own... turns the oven on in the middle of the night. So, for now it's unplugged. We'll ask that question in the right forum.

wdk450

OverFT5:
I sure would like to see an easier signature from you.
On your Oven, you might be having weird stuff due to moisture. Suggest you try using the drier cycle (runs hot convection air for a couple of minutes) after every use. Otherwise, it will now be out of warranty, and a local independent microwave oven shop might be able to help you.
I peeked at your profile and saw you are in El Centro. You will be at the south end of the Southern California Chapter. If you don't already have the 2nd air conditioner, I would think about adding it. Also make sure the air conditioning baffle mod has been made. These trailers have a bit of a hard time with high heat conditions. Or, just head for San Diego and the ocean breezes.

fawsty

I already looked into the second A/C unit, and will be getting one before summer this year. Last summer was nearly unbearable at some of our trailer-outs (you call them camp-outs). And thanks for the kind thoughts.

Won't be at the rally this time, we are gonna be in Santa Barbara for Easter week.

Steven

PSF513

congratulations and welcome. As you can see from our signature, we too own a BH3670 but ours is the RE version. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have.

jbeletti

...Our other problem is the Apollo microwave/oven which seems to have a mind of its own... turns the oven on in the middle of the night. So, for now it's unplugged. We'll ask that question in the right forum.
Please call Midwest Sales about the Apollo. Their number is on the left side of the Portal. Jm

traveler44

Thanks for the tip on the drier cycle Bill. I had never heard of doing this. The only problem I have had with the half time oven was my fault for under powering it. Too many things trying to use the same 30 amps. I found out that it works better if I shut most everything else off when I use the half time oven. Tom

DRGalligher

Welcome! Yes, the second air is worth it. These units are too big for just one for adequate cooling. We also added a hard wired surge protector and Trav'ler satellite dish - love it.

OverFT5

Welcome! Yes, the second air is worth it. These units are too big for just one for adequate cooling. We also added a hard wired surge protector and Trav'ler satellite dish - love it.

Ours came with a satellite dish, but I believe it is only regular satellite, not HD. I'm going to look into it more soon. I like the idea of a hard-wire surge protector.

DRGalligher

Ours came with a satellite dish, but I believe it is only regular satellite, not HD. I'm going to look into it more soon. I like the idea of a hard-wire surge protector.

One thing to remember on the hard wired is that when using an external generator (we use a Honda eu2000 which is detected as having an open ground), it won't allow the power from it in, so we had to make a bypass unit. The hard wired works great though with shore power.

jnbhobe

One thing to remember on the hard wired is that when using an external generator (we use a Honda eu2000 which is detected as having an open ground), it won't allow the power from it in, so we had to make a bypass unit. The hard wired works great though with shore power.

All I have to do with mine is to turn it off at the remote pennent when I hook up my Honda 3000