New Here

BarbNFred

Hi - We're BarbNFred (I'm Barb, usually the posting person) A year ago in April 2016, we drove from Las Vegas to Albany, OR and purchased a slightly used 2012 28ft Artic Fox tow behind trailer (It had been purchased new and used twice, driver problems) and we traveled & lived full time in it with my 2 mini-doxies until Superbowl weekend this year.
Since we had managed well so far, we decided we could invest in a more permanent unit for full-timing . We bought a used 2014 Heartland Landmark Savahanna in Florida that had been purchased new and lovingly cared for by two ladies that had traveled and lived in it for 3 years.
WOW - We couldn't believe the difference in living area and amenities the extra 12 feet could hold! We have company over (inside), we cook at home more, and we blushingly give tours of our "palace."
We've been in Nevada hanging out with friends, going to see our doctors for annual checkups, and tying up "loose ends" before we strike out again. After I handle a surgery that entails a little "after care" in the next week or so, we're on the trail again before the heat level in Vegas gets out of control !
We've been finding out how helpful the world of full-timers is, and how easy it is to keep in touch on the internet. I've found lots of friends and helpful info here on RVillage and we'd like to join the group. I understand that 2 posting are needed to let the RVillage folks know we're real folks, so here's the first one. So HI THERE, ya'll (I'm originally from Galveston County and then Dallas, TX - just a warning, that "Texas twang" slips in sometimes ! :rolleyes:

jimtoo

Hi BarbNFred,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

Thread was moved to better area.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland Family! Don't be afraid to share your experiences, pictures, questions and struggles, we all are here to help if we can.

Be sure to become a member of the Owners Club, and join in ANY rally you can. They are a ton of fun.

And Y'all come back to Texas any time!

Erika

jbeletti

Welcome Barb and Fred! If you really want to get connected with a great group of people, try to make it to a couple of Heartland rallies this year.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome Barb and Fred!! We really hope you two and your doxies will make it to a couple Heartland rallies this year and meet some of the greatest like minded folks you will have the pleasure of meeting. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Rod