New Mallard m33 fridge sucks!

Does anyone have any tips on cooling down the fridge? Have heard turn it on the night before if possible? Any other tips? How long does yours take to cool down?

jbeletti

• Turn refer on the day before the need
  • Pre-chill items to go in the refer. Room temp, and worse: warm/hot food really slow the cooling process down
  • Generally, the fuller the refer, the better it will hold the cold in (use bottles of water etc to fill large empty spaces)

MP_CS

I keep my fiver plugged in while at home so I never shut my fridge off, it runs off propane when traveling and usually gets plugged in while using camper, just make sure and keep the drain hole free of ice buildup.

danemayer

There are a couple of other factors involved in keeping the refrigerator cool.

There needs to be good air circulation inside. If you pack it too full, it won't cool well. If you have large items blocking air circulation, it won't cool well. An interior fan like this one will help.

With a residential refrigerator, we all will open the door(s) and stand there trying to decide what we want. With a traditional RV gas absorption refrigerator, this will cause a significant temperature rise which can take many hours to recover from.

If there's anything too large inside, creating outward pressure on the door(s), you'll have air leaks around the seals and it won't cool.

If anything is restricting airflow outside at the louvered vents, it won't cool properly.

Many refrigerators come with fans mounted on the backside to move more air across the heat exchange tubes. If it's hot out, and you don't hear fans when standing outside, you may want to have fans added.

klp605

I keep my fiver plugged in while at home so I never shut my fridge off, it runs off propane when traveling and usually gets plugged in while using camper, just make sure and keep the drain hole free of ice buildup.

2x the above. However if there if there is going to be a month in between trips I may shut the fridge off to defrost and clean out. Then I always start it back up at least 24 hours before I wish to load for departure.

We have 2018 M32.
-

Mrsfish

We often store our rig where it's not accessible until we pick it up and camp in it at the same time- fridge is always not cool as we take off. Here's what I've done for years and it works well.. load the fridge with all my goods and put a bag of ice in the freezer. Start up the fridge and take off. By time we hit where we're going- sometimes as little as an hour away- the fridge is cold and everything is good. I have found that getting the freezer cool first aids in cooling off the fridge. And if the fridge is full of cool things it all works.

Now i I know some people will find fault with this procedure- but I can only tell you it works.