New member first question

David2850

I own a 2013 Heartland Landmark Sequoia and I have been struggling to get my satellite going. I have checked the coax connection and found out that some of the outlets are not connected properly. I have been looking for a diagram for the wiring for the sequoia but have not been able to locate one. So the question would be is are all landmarks wired the same for the same year. Thank you in advance for your help. I have been looking through the forum for answers but haven't been able to locate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi David,

Here's a link to the coax diagram for your Landmark. The 4 satellite coax connectors in the Universal Docking Center (UDC) are 2 pairs. The right-hand connector of each pair goes to the rooftop pre-wiring for a Winegard Trav'ler Dish, should you get one. The left hand connectors go to the living room and bedroom wall plates.

It's pretty easy in manufacturing to connect the wires to the wrong UDC connectors, so you may have to try several combinations. And if you're not the first owner, there's no telling what may have been done before you bought the unit.

In the 2013 time frame, it wasn't uncommon for the coax connectors to be poorly crimped. Inspect each one (including the back side of the UDC and each wall plate) to ensure that the connector isn't loose, and that there are no ground wire strands shorting to the center conductor.

I've also attached a drawing showing the arrangement of the 4 connectors on my 2011 LM.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 18