New Rubber on our BH3010RE

GregP

Just had all five Towmax tires on our 2014 BH3010RE replaced with Sailun 637's yesterday. After almost 40,000 K, we have to say that we had no issues with the Towmax in that time. It would appear from earlier posts that we were among the lucky ones. The Sailun's look good and we are hoping that we never have to change a tire on the road as they are significantly heavier to handle than the old Towmax. Now the original BFG on our TV are looking like they would like to be replaced. Looking at the Michelin Defender series as they seem like they would be better suited to the highway hauling than the BFG's.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I just changed out my Michelin M&S tires to the Defenders. They told me that they no longer make the M&S and the Defenders are the replacements. On my invoice I noticed that the Defenders have only a 50k warranty while the M&S had 70k. I like Michelin tires and so far the Defenders have been satisfactory. The only thing that seems different, with the Defenders it seems that my truck will wander a bit on the highway as if the travel areas on the highway may cause this.. Someone told me that they may not have as strong of a sidewall as the M&S tires. However so far not a real problem...

BC

An Update:
I called my tire dealer to ask why the difference in warranty. The car tires have a 90k warranty and the truck tires have been dropped to 50k because most of them would not make it to the 70k warranty. Therefore Michelin was paying out a lot of tires that never made it to 70k. It looks like they are trying to reduce their payout on what they thought we would get on the tires.

So far I still like the tires. I have a little over 6k miles on the tires.

mlpeloquin

Good you replaced your BlowMax tires. My friend was late getting to our local club outing. He didn't believe me about the Towmax tires. Well he was more than lucky. People flagged him down as they watched one Towmax come apart. He stopped just as the belt popped. No damage. He got the spare on and went to a tire dealer. He showed up with four new Sailun's. Could not convince him to replace the spare! A lesson is still to be learned.

GregP

I've heard good things about Michelins generally, and the 50 K warranty (which translates to 80 K here in Canada) is far better than the wear I got out of my BFG All-Terrain tires. The BFG's are also a good tire, but we didn't need the softer rubber and aggressive treading that comes with this tire. They came on the truck new, and the dealer wouldn't swap them out free, so I just burned the rubber off on the road in just over two years. I expect any tire like the Defender would run cooler and throw fewer rocks than the BFG's.