New Tires - 2014 Cyclone 4100

IronJ

Thanks for the quick reply!

My Google Foo did not hit on them. They have exactly what I need!
Your welcome!!...I used them for my sailuns and they had best price and super easy to deal with....great people

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

What area of Texas are you in? North DFW area here. I have been looking for a good (reputable) RV shop but what I've been finding is a bunch of dealerships that want to sell you new RVs but the service end of the business is like pulling teeth. We did not have a good experience with Explore USA in Denton, TX!!! Is there a thread here that recommends repair centers based on area?

IronJ

Lubbock...I have some friends in North dfw...I'll ask em who they use.

Sailun tires are installed! I'm changing out the primary spare to a Sailun as well and plan on mounting the Carlisle on a second steel wheel as back up to the spare!

Question 1...Should I run my air pressure as close as possible to 110 PSI (cold)?

Question 2...What can I expect the PSI to rise to once the tires are heated up?

Question 3...What tire pressure / monitor management system do the wiser, more experienced recommend?

I appreciate everyone's help in this thread!

Bones

I'm running mine at 110 psi. I cant tell you the temp or pressure rise because I don't have a tire monitor on them.

avvidclif

My RV loaded is 15,100 lbs. Appx 3k is on the pin. That leaves 12k between 4 tires or 3k ea IF all is equal (seldom). That is well within the limits of the tires.

That being said I have been running 110lb. Last weekend I set them at ~100lb. Outside temp 95. After warmup at 63MPH they were up to 114lbs. The temp was ~105. My rear TV tires went from 80 to 91lbs.

Monitored using TST 507 System.

Update on Tomax Claim:

Dynamic Tire Corp sent us a letter today, blah, blah, blah...all my fault of course! They did offer us $750 as a "good will" gesture! I guess it's better than nothing!

DTC TIRE CLAIM_Page_1.jpg
DTC TIRE CLAIM_Page_2.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Update on Tomax Claim:

Dynamic Tire Corp sent us a letter today, blah, blah, blah...all my fault of course!

They did offer us $750 as a "good will" gesture! I guess it's better than nothing!

Take it and run . . . as fast as you can!

mlpeloquin

My RV loaded is 15,100 lbs. Appx 3k is on the pin. That leaves 12k between 4 tires or 3k ea IF all is equal (seldom). That is well within the limits of the tires.

That being said I have been running 110lb. Last weekend I set them at ~100lb. Outside temp 95. After warmup at 63MPH they were up to 114lbs. The temp was ~105. My rear TV tires went from 80 to 91lbs.

Monitored using TST 507 System.

110lb is a lot of pressure for the load. Get the manufactures LOAD/INFLATION chart and add 10% to 20% to the minimum required pressure. For my Goodyear G614's, LT235/85R16, the 3000lb load on each tire requires 80psi for 3042lbs. I use 100psi for 3550lbs. This gives me approximately 15.5% margin for load. At 105psi I do get noticeable bounce inside and the margin is 16.4%. Excessive bounce will cause excessive wear on suspension and not so good on everything else. Here is my Goodyear Load Inflation Chart as an example:
View attachment Good Year Load Inflation Chart.pdf

IronJ

Almost EVERY tire expert recommends max pressure in a multi axle trailer situation...the worst things you can do are run a tire low and subject it to lateral stress (sharp turns) which are almost un avoidable with a camper. Max pressures ensure lower heat and less lateral stress...not necessarily best ride quality....im no tire expert per se, but i have had this conversation with more than one tire engineer...or research it and see what you think....i run 110 in my g tires measured at 70 degrees cold tire pressure...