new to forum intro.

introducing myself. oldnumber7chris. Just purchased our second heartland cyclone. A 2015 3800 model. My wife and I spent last night outfitting rig. Already have issue with A/C in garage. Fan won't come on. Dealer is 120 miles away, said bring it back. Also one of our power recliners, opened up and will not close.
Guy that did the walk thru didn't know it had power recliners. Dealer in Montrose Colorado. Hope to share as much info. as possible. Not keen on Dometic A/C. Anyone else had the same issues ???

THANK YOU !!!! oldnumber7chris

danemayer

Hi oldnumber7chris,

Congratulations on the new cyclone. You aren't by chance trying to run 3 air conditioners at the same time? I think there's a switch to determine which 2 of the 3 get power at the same time.

On the power recliners, I think someone recently had a problem with the power module coming unplugged - somewhere in the power path - not at the outlet. Maybe a look underneath will help.

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome from East Tennessee and congratulations on your second Cyclone. Don't ya just love some of those dealers - not. They seem to be too interested in selling the product but could care less about what happens after that.

If you haven't had time yet, check out the Heartland Owners Club. Going to rallies is a great way to meet other Heartland owners, see what they have done with their coaches and ask questions in person. There is a introduction membership going on right now for 1 year free. Check out more information on the front page or the portal tab up top.

Enjoy and travel safely.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
oldnumber7chris,
Welcome to the Heartland Forum and congratulations on your new Cyclone. Trace

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase.

Three A/C's? Good Lord. The 'Lil Guy' only has one. We added a 2nd in the bedroom. We put an ice cube in a saucer in front of a little fan we bought.
Power recliners? Good Lord. I like the old fashioned spring type. They help catapult me to my feet when it goes back to the upright position.

On a serious note, sounds like a really nice rig. Also sounds like simple fixes. Sorry about the distance involved. Enjoy your new rig and I'm sure you'll get some helpful info from the forum.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yes . . . welcome to the Heartland forums!

And please join the Colorado Heartland Owners Club . . . lots of fun!

We had our fall rally over in your neck of the hills . . . at Rifle Gap State Park!

Here are some shots:

RifleCO2014-IMG_2931.jpg RifleGapStatePark2014-IMG_3204.jpg RifleGapStatePark2014-IMG_2943.jpg

jbeletti

Hi Chris and congrats on Cyclone #2.

As Dan mentioned, the power recliners often have a power supply that plugs into the wall, then the output of the power supply plugs into the recliner. On one brand of power recliner I had, there was a common power supply with 2 outputs. More than once, I had one of the recliners come "unplugged" under the recliner from the output wire of the power supply. On another power recliner I had I did have a defective swtich.

As for the Dometic ACs - I've had a LOT of them and I actually feel they're pretty decent. Doesn't mean they are bulletproof however. You mentioned that you are 100+ miles from your dealer. As you're under warranty, you may have other options. If there is any other RV dealer near you or an independent servicer, Heartland may work with them to help you out. They will need to be Dometic authorized, so maybe give a quick call on Monday to Dometic's Customer Service and they can tell you who near you is Dometic authorized.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to the forum and the multiple HL owner family. We too have owned more than one Heartland. Hope you find quick solutions to you issues. They are annoying when they happen, but don't let it ruin your fun. Come on over and visit us in Oregon when you get a chance.

Kristy

Hello Jim,
Thank You for the encouraging words. I will check out the recliners. I did check the wires but not all the way to the power source. As for the A/C we live on the western slope of Colorado, where everything is miles away. I will give the dealer a chance to fix. Not sure how sharp they are with A/C. I do have a good friend that owns a HVAC company that could check it out. We just got the unit home and these issues came up. I feel the dealer should have caught both issues. thanks chris

I will join the heartland owner's club. I am 10 miles from Rifle Gap. Have had many fishing and ski moments at this local spot. Will not make the colorado shakeout campout, will be in moab for rally on the rocks. The fall rally sounds interesting.
thank you chris.

thanks Nabo. You hit the nail on the head regarding dealers. I hate it when I know more than they do. I will join the owners club. thank you chris.

Hello dan and ann. No the unit only has two A/C units. I have looked under recliners and checked connection. The recliners are broyhill. Thank you for the suggestions. chris.