New Transporter Truck

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
About time some of us are going through withdrawl. Only 238 a year for insurance? I'm in the wrong place.

$238 a year........ I wish. Try $161 a month

Commercial Physical Damage coverage with $1000 deductable for $10,000 truck = $88 a month

$6000 worth of additional equipment coverage = $31 a month

$500,000 or 750,000 (sorry can't remember which it is right now) Non trucking liability (bobtail) insurance = $42 a month

I already carry non trucking liability on the dually through Brown & Brown so I need only the 1st month and a deposit for the pysical damage and additional equipment insurance.

As required by federal law.....Primary liability coverage is carried by the company that you are leased too.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mike, by the time you get all done chasing momma, if she lets you catch her that is. You will be finished for a month. You will need medical insurance not truck insurance. ;)

pmmjarrett

Mike, by the time you get all done chasing momma, if she lets you catch her that is. You will be finished for a month. You will need medical insurance not truck insurance. ;)

I have Tri-Care, I'll just need a cigarette and a good napNone

pmmjarrett

Showtime.

Finished catching up and catching my breath...... and now it's time to get started working on the truck first thing tomorrow morning.

Picked up some 1/4" brake line and unions today and shortend a 5/8" hydraulic hose for the parking brake hydraulic lines. Will finish installing the brake lines, bleed the brakes, bleed the parking brake system and get this truck movable again tomorrow.

Looks like a decent week weather wise so I'm hoping to finish this truck up by the middle to end of next week at the latest.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well Mike it's about time. Boy I have missed the story's and pix. BTW, have you given any thought to putting air ride on the rear? That would be sweet. Bob

pmmjarrett

Well Mike it's about time. Boy I have missed the story's and pix. BTW, have you given any thought to putting air ride on the rear? That would be sweet. Bob

Well here ya go....... As for air ride, giving it plenty of thought but it ain't happening yet...... Costs more than I paid for the truck:eek:

Finished the brake lines and bleeding the brakes. Biggest pain was just finding a place that could work on 5/8" steel brake line on the parking brake portion of the brakes, just to flare one end and install a fitting for me.

Here's the new flexible portion of the 5/8" line that I had to shorten about 1-1/2".
IMG01151.jpg

YES!!!

Fired right up for the first time in months and moved it out of the shop under it's own power. Brakes and parking brakes working like a champ.

Never measured it but evidently there's only about 45' from the shop door to the dog pen at the back of the house....... the truck is 39'11" long LOL
IMG01156.jpg

IMG01160.jpg

pmmjarrett

Looks great...now quit drooling and get to work transporting to make some money.:D

Right after I make the ramps, make the stinger, build the ball stand, put on the new front tires, get a DOT inspection, extend the exhaust to clear the sleeper, paint the frame and body, install the interior in the sleeper, put a seat in the cab, insurance, tags and fuel it up

About a week or so worth of work and $1000 to spend to button it up nicely.

pmmjarrett

It's a Ford, of course it fired right up!!

Yea...... but it's a Ford with Goat guts. None

Cummins Power Baby!!!! ;):D

Only concerns I really had was the batteries being low from any possible small drain over several months or if there may have been any small air leak into the fuel system on this 11 year old truck that would require me to prime it first after sitting this long. Needless to say, I'm pretty satisfied that I don't have either issue.

pmmjarrett

Back to working on my own economic stimulus package today.

Decided to tackle the extendable stinger hitch. Had to grind 2' of factory weld seam out of the 4" square receiver tubing.......took 3 hrs with a die grinder taped to a piece of pipe with the handle taped wide open using the air hose to turn it on and off.... (Don't try this at home, I am a proffessional LOL)..... NOTE TO SELF, Remember to order seamless tubing next time DOH!!!

The extendable stinger is needed when I have a trailer or trailers with an actual length of over 28' on the bed. I can load up to 32' of trailer on the bed using my maximum allowed 4' of overhang.

Fit is tight, had to clean up the 3-1/2" tubing of all rust scale and lube it with silicone. Slides free now.
IMG01172.jpg

IMG01175.jpg

IMG01178.jpg

Cut the safety chains to length and installed, Clevis on one end and hook on the other. makes it easy to wrap the chain around the stinger for any length setting I move it out too.
IMG01183.jpg

IMG01186.jpg

IMG01190.jpg

CrazyScotsman

Well it's about time you started working on your wee project, I miss reading about it when your not on the road.
PS. I am not getting layedoff, I took a transfer to Dallas TX :( wife is staying back here in MO so I will be commuting a lot.
Keep up the good work.

pmmjarrett

Well it's about time you started working on your wee project, I miss reading about it when your not on the road.
PS. I am not getting layedoff, I took a transfer to Dallas TX :( wife is staying back here in MO so I will be commuting a lot.
Keep up the good work.

Boy I'm glad to hear that. Congrats. It may be a bit tough to do right now, but hopefully in the long run it will have been the wise choice to take the transfer. All the best to you and yours. Mike

pmmjarrett

Didn't get chit accomplished today.

Was too busy exercising my second ammendment rights this morning buying 30 round magazines, more .223 Remington FMJ ammo and drooling over toys for my AR15 and then after I got home I found out my parents house in McKinney Texas burnt up while they were away at a wood carving class for senior citizens.

Fortunatly they are OK as is my sister and her daughter that stay with them, unfortunatly their 4 dogs were killed in the fire. RIP little friends.

Needless to say, my guts are a bit twisted right now and I have no idea what I'm gonna do but i prolly ain't gonna accomplish squat on the truck the next few days or so while I figure it out.

SmokeyBare

Very sorry to hear about the House Fire and the loss of the 4 family pets. Prayers to your family...

Just when their golden years are at hand... when they have time to enjoy a more leisure lifestyle... they must face the next troubled twist in their lives.

Thank Goodness they are safe... they may have lost so very much that was important to them both... but for one thing... each other. I pray they find the strength in each other to get through the the rebuilding of their Home.

Marv

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Mike, I'm so sorry for your parent's loss, just thank God they are safe. My prayers are with you and your parents. Be safe and take care of your family.

Bill