New truck... need new hitch...input please

billd

So what we really need is a truck with the Ford chassis, Chevy Allison Tranny, and Dodge Cummins Engine. That would be sweet.

I can dream :D

Bill

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
New Chevy Diesel

When I fueled up this morning a guy pulled in at the next pump in a Ford 350. I finished and started up my Duramax and he came knocking at my window to ask if this was really a diesel. He was really impressed with how quiet it was compared to his. Not denigrating the Ford, just a comment on how quiet the Chevy is by comparison.

tdharley

An update............

I picked up the new truck in Illinois. Chevy 3500 DRW.

Sold the pullrite hitch & order the B&W.

Am seriously thinking about making the 2006 Rally to meet & greet everyone. That means one less motorcycle rally this year then...Hmm tough decision.

Went crazy on ebay ordered 2 Fantastic fans, 3 fan covers, exterior am/fm cd player, 2 more scare lights, Kingdome sattellite receiver and am look for a W/D for the wife. Now all I need is the time to install everything including the new hitch.

Thanks for all your input

LADalton

What Hitch & in box ?

I would like to know any information on the 5 th wheel hitches.

1: Using a standard 20K Draw Tite, Reese, or Trailer Saver 4 way head hitch and use a Mor/Ryde or 5th Airborne Pin Box.

2: Using a standard pin box and use a Air Ride, or Easy-Rider hitch.

What would any one say about item 1 or 2. I am trying to decide what to buy and install on the truck and or toy hauler.

Ford 3500 Dually 2000. and a Heartland Cyclone 4012 Toy Hauler 40 Ft.

Thank you all for any input.
Lee

phranc

Hey Lee, Just looking at your sig and you sure have all the good toys....
Seriously .though...Either combo might be equally satisfactory.. But you might have less maintenance with the Mor-ryde pin box .. I also would consider the B&W hitch or the reese/Drawtite signature series..

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
Personally I like the Air pin box on my landmark. It keeps the chucking to a minimum. Of course on bad chuck holes, nothing is very good.

randes

Does anyone know much about the Hensley TS3 Hitch? I talked with Hensley on Tuesday and they said their hitch was a bit pricy but you wouldn't need a air type pin box.

Also What is the B&W hitch mentioned so much. Does anyone have a link?

I plan to order a 3055RL within a couple of weeks and now I wonder if I should order the Trail Air Pin Box or not.
Roy

Tom of Ypsi

Roy,

I am not that familiar with the B&W hitch but here is a link www.turnoverball.com I see a lot of good comments on this hitch. I have a Reese 20K hitch and I am satisfied with that. I also have a Hidden Hitch 15K in my garage that is for sale which served me well when I had my Titanium.