New water pressure regulator

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I have always used a non-adjustable that regulates the pressure to 55 psi. Although I do not claim to be an expert, I am just wondering what the benefit to an adjustible would be? When would you ever want more than 55 psi? This is what I have used or something similar to it for the past 20 years.

ValterraRegulator.jpg

Phatkd

We got an el-cheapo one in the kit that the dealership provided with the sewer hose, some tools, and other stuff they put in the 5 gallon bucket when we picked our new BH up.

I guess the only reason I wanted an adjustable one was for the gauge. We used the cheap one that we got with our last camper and ended up having a failure and it blew out some lines and caused a mess when we were hooked up to a high pressure city water line on vancouver island a couple of years ago.

Perhaps it's over kill and more than likely it's just excitement on my part to get all the cool gadgets for the BH that I didn't have with our last camper.

I ordered some X-Chocks as well when I ordered the regulator and got an additional 10% off the order (10% off is standard through the dealership but with an order of $100 or more I get 20% off).

Just excitement I guess,..Lol. Maybe I need to chillax

For20hunter

I guess in thinking about it a guage to know what the water pressure in the park is would be nice.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Phatkid... I got the watts n55b adjustable with gauge for about that price. Works great! Got it from the rv water filter store like Jon said. Great service!

Phatkd

We get screwed up here in Canada for everything. Maybe I should get a mailbox down there and a mail forwarding system to save on duty, taxes and shipping. I'm getting tired of paying 40-60% more for everything :(

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
We get screwed up here in Canada for everything. Maybe I should get a mailbox down there and a mail forwarding system to save on duty, taxes and shipping. I'm getting tired of paying 40-60% more for everything :(

But you get FREE healthcare.... there you go!

danemayer

I have always used a non-adjustable that regulates the pressure to 55 psi. Although I do not claim to be an expert, I am just wondering what the benefit to an adjustible would be? When would you ever want more than 55 psi? This is what I have used or something similar to it for the past 20 years.

View attachment 23178
It's not so much about being able to adjust the pressure. The Watts allows much greater flow of water at any given pressure. Some of the inexpensive regulators, like what you find at most RV dealers or at Walmart allow as little as 1/2 gallon per minute of water flow. The Watts 263A allows 4-4.5 gallons per minute.

So if your DW can't rinse the shampoo out of her hair, it's about water flow, not necessarily about water pressure. Here's a link to more info.

For20hunter

Thank you Dan and everyone else. I just ordered one from the link Dan provided and got it for $69.95 with a guage.

Rod

It's not so much about being able to adjust the pressure. The Watts allows much greater flow of water at any given pressure. Some of the inexpensive regulators, like what you find at most RV dealers or at Walmart allow as little as 1/2 gallon per minute of water flow. The Watts 263A allows 4-4.5 gallons per minute.

So if your DW can't rinse the shampoo out of her hair, it's about water flow, not necessarily about water pressure. Here's a link to more info.

Phatkd

So,..I called the dealership back and they couldn't locate any info on how many GPM the Valterra reg will allow. I had them cancel the order and an going to look for a way to get the Watts one sent to me.

One question I have is at looking at the watts ones, there is a 2" and a 2 1/2" option. Which one do you guys use? I am assuming that the 2" and 2 1/2" refer to the gauge dial size? Or am I missing something.

Thanks for all your help guys

For20hunter

Kris,

I just got off the phone with the RV Filter Store and they said that for standard RV use, the Watts Adjustable 263A Regulator has a 2" diameter with a 0-160 gauge and has an output of 4-4.5 gallons per minute. Its the one I just ordered.

Rod

So,..I called the dealership back and they couldn't locate any info on how many GPM the Valterra reg will allow. I had them cancel the order and an going to look for a way to get the Watts one sent to me.

One question I have is at looking at the watts ones, there is a 2" and a 2 1/2" option. Which one do you guys use? I am assuming that the 2" and 2 1/2" refer to the gauge dial size? Or am I missing something.

Thanks for all your help guys

Phatkd

Thanks for all your help everyone! I just ordered the 263A with the 2" 0-160 gauge from the RV water filter store.

Rod,..They mentioned that you had called in before me,..and I think we got the last 2 units they had in stock.