New Year Resolutions Anyone???

HornedToad

Today I'll make the same old New Year resolutions I always find so hard to keep...
exercise more & eat/drink less.

The resolutions I find easy to keep are when I commit to helping someone else.
Helen's co worker lost his wife and could use some help raising his young daughter.
Just little things like babysitting to give him a break, a weekend camping trip,
or Helen taking her shopping for girl stuff.

Who can you help this year???

Kbvols

My original New Years resolution was to just not make any resolution at all. Seems pretty easy and one I can keep however watching TV this AM and reading or hearing about others resolutions has got me thinking. Now i may not even be able to keep my resolution of not having a resolution. Happy New Year!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yeah, I resolve to curb the wife's spending. Same one I've been making for 40 years. Probably happen when I keel over and she opts for the city dumpster, rather than a buying a new trash can to dump my keister in.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My New Year's resolution is also to not make any resolutions as I typically don't resolve to do them anywayz . . . :p

I do need to go to the doctor to have my shoulder checked out . . . and that colonoscopy that she has been trying to get me to take for the last three years . . . :confused:

JohnDar

My New Year's resolution is also to not make any resolutions as I typically don't resolve to do them anywayz . . . :p

I do need to go to the doctor to have my shoulder checked out . . . and that colonoscopy that she has been trying to get me to take for the last three years . . . :confused:

Don't be afraid of the colonoscopy cuz it beats the alternative. The first one I had found a benign polyp. I think my 10 year follow up is this year. Worst part of it all is drinking the soapy kool-aid.

JohnD

Don't be afraid of the colonoscopy cuz it beats the alternative. The first one I had found a benign polyp. I think my 10 year follow up is this year. Worst part of it all is drinking the soapy kool-aid.

Mmmm . . . Kool-Aid!

Three years ago just before I had my stroke (age 50), my doctor had me drink a gallon of that 'Go Lightly' krap . . .

I have to say that was the worst night of my life (other than the night I had the stroke three weeks after)!

Worst part of the experience . . . the 'Go Lightly' stuff didn't work!

It didn't make me go at all . . . :p

priorguy

I resolve to spend more time camping in my heartland trailer this year. And not to buy another trailer so the funds are available for camping. I also resolve to spend more time at the beach, even if I don't improve my beach body.

We helped several local families this past Christmas and do throughout the year. No resolution required for helping thy neighbour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Mmmm . . . Kool-Aid!

Three years ago just before I had my stroke (age 50), my doctor had me drink a gallon of that 'Go Lightly' krap . . .

I have to say that was the worst night of my life (other than the night I had the stroke three weeks after)!

Worst part of the experience . . . the 'Go Lightly' stuff didn't work!

It didn't make me go at all . . . :p

You've got to be kidding! The first time I had the procedure, I had to drink two gallons of the stuff. Wasn't long before I just took the jug into the bathroom so I'd be sure to make it to the seat. It wasn't "Go Lightly", it was "Go Like Crazy." :eek:

My annual physical is coming up on Monday and I expect another clean bill of health.

JohnD

You've got to be kidding! The first time I had the procedure, I had to drink two gallons of the stuff. Wasn't long before I just took the jug into the bathroom so I'd be sure to make it to the seat. It wasn't "Go Lightly", it was "Go Like Crazy." :eek:

Nope!

The ER doctor diagnosed me as having an "intestinal blockage".

I drank the whole gallon in the hour I was supposed to . . . and it didn't do anything other than make me sick to my stomach.

Three weeks later I had a stroke!

Which started a whole new chapter in my book of life . . .

JohnDar

Nope!

The ER doctor diagnosed me as having an "intestinal blockage".

I drank the whole gallon in the hour I was supposed to . . . and it didn't do anything other than make me sick to my stomach.

Three weeks later I had a stroke!

Which started a whole new chapter in my book of life . . .

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

titikim

My new year resolution, buy our first 5th wheel in 2014. Probably a Landmark San Antonio.

Happy New Year everyone!

HornedToad

I'm gonna have to wish JohnD & JohnDar
continued good health for the New Year and into the future,
and hope they resolve to follow their doctors advice
even if it means they gotta drink the kool-aid.

Rodbuster

My resolution is to keep away from Nathan (Nabo).
Whenever I go over to see him at his RV, it ends up costing me a ton of money.

Dick

JohnDar

I'm gonna have to wish JohnD & JohnDar
continued good health for the New Year and into the future,
and hope they resolve to follow their doctors advice
even if it means they gotta drink the kool-aid.

Ha ha! Thanks, and I do drink the kool-aid when I have to. My annual physicals are always good (knock on wood!).

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Mine I made right after Xmas and was to stop on the way home from So Cal to buy a new trailer.

Which I Did........