Newbie Still cant figure it out!

Ks.Kev

I have had my 2013 NT 22 FBS for a couple months now and read ALL the instructional paperwork that came with it and STILL don't know how to get the slide back in manually with that flexible wrench that came in that pouch with the RV. :confused: I have located the motor (in the middle of the slide on the top) and there is NO way to access that motor if the slide is out. Seems all that wood trim is in permanent. Then If I can access it how does one keep running the drill with flexible wrench as the slide does come in? My arms not quite long enough! Now I'm just trying to figure this out NOW and not when I really need to when out camping! I have been seeing some posts about this but not for my NT 22 FBS Any help in this will greatly appreciated!!!!​

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I recall the other posts about similar problems. Maybe this is something Heartland could make a short "how to" video for owners of these rigs? The "manual" assumes you can actually get to the motor.

oldmannj

don't know how much alike they are, but my manual slide is a screw type affair under the steps across from the slide up near the floor. Try looking there. Mine is a trailrunner 28 rks. ED.

Marie

We have been trying to figure out a good way to do that on our 22FBS also. My husband removed the valance in the interior so that we have access, but as you mentioned, it still does not address the problem of how to access it as the slide comes in. I emailed Forest River and got some lame answer that does not address the problem of access. Seems like a very poorly designed slide-out. If you hear of any better ideas we would be interested in knowing them!
Marie and Dan

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My manual access is also outside next to the rear step (see that hole in the trim just to the right of the rear step in photo below).

I've never used it yet, but I did figure out where it is at just in case!

My neighbors just bought a brand new 2014 North Trail (after seeing our Trail Runner) and he gave me the tour this afternoon, and his manual slideout is also above the slideout on the inside of the trailer and very tough to get at.

CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg