Newbies with a new BH 3575EL

Hi All! Our journey began almost 4 weeks ago when our BH was delivered to a CG for the summer. We're excited and a bit overwhelmed with what there is to learn about RVing, but taking the summer to try to figure it out. We're pretty fortunate compared to some other stories I've read that our unit has less than a handful of issues needing attention. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that it stays that way :) We hope to be OTR full time in October this year and will have questions for just about everything I'm sure...lol. For now just wanted to say Howdy and thanks for having a place to chat, get answers and share fun times!
Bob and Nancy

danemayer

Hi AlmostThere,

Congratulations on the new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

One thing that may help you with the mysteries of RV'ing is our owner-written User Guides. You can get to them by clicking on the TOOLS tab at top of page and selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides, or by clicking on this link.

Even though you don't have a Landmark 365, a good deal of the content of that guide will also apply to your Bighorn.

WBG

WBGavin
Hi,

Congratulation on your purchase. We have the 3570 which is quite similar to yours and we absolutely love it, and am sure you will love yours as much also also.

This forum is a great place to get questions answered quickly, so don't be shy about asking, we are all here to help.

Enjoy!!

WBG

Carleen

Congrats on the new BH! We just picked our 2011 BH Saturday and are working through some of the issues as well. I found the user manuals incredibly helpful! A must read for new owners. I have learned so much over the last couple days and am excited to get out there to play around. So jealous that you are planning to be OTR in October! That's great!

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on our new BH and welcome to the Heartland forum. We're about to start a journey up that way next week. Hope we get to meet you down the road.

Kgwill

Congrats on your new BH! We too are new BH owners. Just a week old, still in the driveway, and we already have our first recall on the a/c's. Not Heartlands but Dometic. Our dealer "Kris Willis Dexter, Mo." has offered to come to us to fix it so we don't have to take it in, "60 miles away". GREAT SERVICE!!! Love the camper! Happy Camping!

danemayer

Hi Kgwill,

When you say recall, are you using the term loosely, or did Dometic actually notify you of a safety recall of some type?

Kgwill

Our dealer said heartland contacted him an told him the a/c units installed on the 2017 BH 3760EL's have a condensation drain hole in the wrong place and could cause roof damage. He is waiting to hear back from heartland on the correct repair procedure. They should let him know tomorrow. When I find out the info I will pass it along.

danemayer

There are some others watching an air conditioning thread who have been waiting for the corrective action.

Relayman

Congratulations! We just purchased our BH3270RS this past Friday. in the shop on Sat. because of leaking ac. got the TSP today...and hopefully..that will fix the issue !! our dealer and staff have been amazing !!! Welcome to the forum !!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kgwill

The rep called today and told me that they need to drill more drain holes in the pan due to the condensation filling the pan up and overflowing into the ductwork. They should be here in the next couple days to fix it. If I can I will get pictures when they get done.

Hi again! Many thanks to you all for your welcome and support. I guess this A/C thing is bigger than anyone expected. I just posted in the ask the factory section as there are significant problems with ducting and drainage apparently. We haven't received any notifications from Heartland or Dometic yet and hope the damage can be repaired. I'm disappointed with the lack of communication from the manufacturer (we sent in the warranty cards right away) but VERY appreciative of this forum and the support of fellow RVers. Still loving the unit and can't wait to get on the road at the end of September. I just hope all the bigger bugs and kinks are worked out by then :) We're registered for the Boot Camp at the Essex VT fairgrounds July 21-23 so hope we will see some of you there.

SNOKING

Hi again! Many thanks to you all for your welcome and support. I guess this A/C thing is bigger than anyone expected. I just posted in the ask the factory section as there are significant problems with ducting and drainage apparently. We haven't received any notifications from Heartland or Dometic yet and hope the damage can be repaired. I'm disappointed with the lack of communication from the manufacturer (we sent in the warranty cards right away) but VERY appreciative of this forum and the support of fellow RVers. Still loving the unit and can't wait to get on the road at the end of September. I just hope all the bigger bugs and kinks are worked out by then :) We're registered for the Boot Camp at the Essex VT fairgrounds July 21-23 so hope we will see some of you there.

What are you going to be towing with. We have a 2015 RAM 3500 SRW 4x4 with manual slider and know that we are going to have to watch our loading carefully to keep the TV rear axle under 7000 lb rating. Chris

We just picked up our 2016 F350 DRW diesel 4X4 w/Reese 26.5k hitch yesterday. Got the DRW based on many comments and suggestions about stability of ride and ability of more weight. We upgraded the rig axles to the 8k lb ones and haven't installed a W/D yet so may get weighed at boot camp to see where we're at, then decide on what additions we can install and still stay +/- 1k lb below 16k max total. We'll look into pin weight for sure but think we'll be okay. When I have time to figure out adding a signature and putting up photos, I'll get all the info up to share and feel like a 'real' rver ;)