No City Water

olcoon

Don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but at least it's close! Got a 2011 Elk Ridge 27RLSS, we are enroute to TX, and stopped for a few days to visit MIL in MO. Hooked up the city water connection so we could flush the stool, and no water comes out of the faucets. The anti-freeze came out under pressure, but then nothing. Did it on the kitchen sink, and the bathroom sink. The hot water tank is still winterized. I wasn't able to winterize the 5er, because of my broken leg, so my son did it while I watched. At first I thought that one of the valves at the water pump was in the wrong position, but apparently that isn't so, because no matter where I put them, nothing happens. I could only find 2 valves there, one to suck the anti-freeze & the other one for the water pump. It looks like the valves at the hot water tank are in the correct position, 2 lines into & out of the tank are off, and the 3rd one on. I've got water from the campground's faucet to the city water connection in the UDC. I'm stumped, anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Roy, it almost sounds like something is frozen. But that depends on how good of a winterization job you had and of course the temperatures.
Have you tried filling the fresh water tank and using the pump?

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Disconnect the city water line and press the check valve button in the fitting. Could be it's stuck. Strange the antifreeze came out with force and then the flow stopped.

olcoon

PROBLEM SOLVED!
I was finally able to delve into the problem today, found the problem, fixed it & we've got water! As it turned out it was an easy fix that I should have thought about at the beginning. When I was hooking up the water, before I hooked anything up, I turned on the tap to flush it out. The tap is on a short pipe, so I had to use a short piece of hose to attach the filter & water pressure regulator. Apparently somehow some debris, looked like grass or leaves, had gotten into the hose. When I removed the elbow in the UDC at the city water connection to check the check valve button like John advised, the strainer was clogged. Reset the check valve, just in case, installed a new strainer, attached the elbow, hooked up the hose & now we've got water! After we got home last night I was thinking about my problem & remembered hearing an odd noise when I turned on the hose yesterday. I'm about 1/2 deaf, and the furnace was going, so I couldn't hear what was going on very well. I passed it off as just the water going into the system. This would also explain why the anti-freeze came out under pressure, then stopped. When I'm breaking down, I'll coil up the hose & connect the ends together. Now I've got a new step when hooking up the water...flush out the hose! Like the Beatles song goes..."I'll get by with a little help from my friends"!

Thanks Dave & John!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Great that it was something so simple and did not require a disembowelment of the rig.

danemayer

And here I was starting to think it was a munzee stuck in the system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

olcoon

Yeah, it was so simple, I felt pretty stupid when I found it. I was looking for the somewhat hard stuff, and didn't even think about something clogging it until last night after I went to bed & it started running through my mind, & I thought of that. Goes back to the KISS method of diagnosing problems, (Keep It Simple Stupid). Glad it wasn't a Munzee stuck in there, Sally would have torn the coach apart to capture it, & then I'd really have a mess!!! It won't delay our trip, but Sally has come down with a bug, so see how she's feeling in the morning to see if we leave here or not. Good thing is that if she requires some TLC from Mommie, Mom is just down the road, but if we don't leave I'll probably be returning some nursing care for her! At least we aren't on a deadline...nice to be retired!