Noisy electric motor on bedroom slide

DonHelenL

I have a 2013 bighorn 3010RE with electric cable bedroom slide. I'll try to make this as short as possible. A year ago in Nov I was preparing for a trip from Nova Scotia to Texas. Just before I left, the bedroom slide motor started to make a very loud noise when extending the slide. The closer to full extension, the louder it got. Did not make the noise when retracting. Didn't use it all the way down for fear of damage during our trip. When I arrived and extended it worked fine, no noise. It worked great until this Nov. travelling from Nova Scotia to Naples Fl . Started doing the same thing. Sounds like the motor is working to the breaking point. Anyone ever experience this?

Garypowell

We have exactly the same model/year and from time to time ours makes a fairly loud grinding sound and then it goes away next time. I have heard this going out and in and have yet to figure what causes it.

We certainly have stuff under the bed (vacuume, spare computer stuff and clothes) but we don't move it around much so I have discounted balance.

It did not make this noise to my recollection for the first year. now 3+ years later and going strong!

i am always careful when I reach the end of travel and let up of the switch as soon as I hear contact.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are a couple of things that I would look at.
One, check all the rollers under the slide. Be sure that they are all able to free wheel.
And two, when the slide is in check the pulleys that they are all able to turn and that the cables are on the wheel.
You will have to check the pulleys and rollers by having someone move the slide a bit while you observe the observe.

Peace
Dave

DonHelenL

There are a couple of things that I would look at.
One, check all the rollers under the slide. Be sure that they are all able to free wheel.
And two, when the slide is in check the pulleys that they are all able to turn and that the cables are on the wheel.
You will have to check the pulleys and rollers by having someone move the slide a bit while you observe the observe.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave, have checked the rollers , seem to be working fine. Not sure how I will access the pulleys.
Noise is coming from the motor.

- - - Updated - - -

We have exactly the same model/year and from time to time ours makes a fairly loud grinding sound and then it goes away next time. I have heard this going out and in and have yet to figure what causes it.

We certainly have stuff under the bed (vacuume, spare computer stuff and clothes) but we don't move it around much so I have discounted balance.

It did not make this noise to my recollection for the first year. now 3+ years later and going strong!

i am always careful when I reach the end of travel and let up of the switch as soon as I hear contact.

I always have items under the bed as well. In my quest to discover the problem I have cycled the slide numerous times empty, with the same result.???