Non working living room slide.

JENDAVE

Stopped for the night, and we were putting out our slides, and the passengers side living room slide on our Landmark Madison starts to come out in the front, but zero movement in the back, so obviously the front stops at about an inch out. We have met other Madison owners on the road that have horror stories about slide out malfunctions. There are no obstructions or anything out “whack” to the naked eye. Any thoughts or suggestions, Or is this another thing to add to the work list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

There's a square bar running front-to-rear under the slide. As the hydraulic ram pushes the slide, the bar engages gear packs front and rear to keep the movement synchronized. Check the gear packs.

JENDAVE

There's a square bar running front-to-rear under the slide. As the hydraulic ram pushes the slide, the bar engages gear packs front and rear to keep the movement synchronized. Check the gear packs.

They are electric slides not hydraulic.

Dan,
We have a mix of electric and hydraulic slides. Thank you for being so quick to respond, knew I could count on you!

danemayer

If it's electric, there are probably pulleys and cables involved, and one side probably came apart. I wasn't aware any of the living room slides were electric. Not sure where the motor and other components would be located.

JENDAVE

2b796e0c43f198e4e0296799dd018aea.jpg

e780e487cc4f6ac692649ee3b6250d76.jpg

Here are photos of the tracks?

rhodies1

2b796e0c43f198e4e0296799dd018aea.jpg

e780e487cc4f6ac692649ee3b6250d76.jpg

Here are photos of the tracks?

j

When retracting your slides at your previous stop,did you stop the inward process part way through retracting.The slide mechanisms look like Swintech,you must pull the slides completely in or out WIhOUT stopping,you may have thrown your slide out of sequence.Your motors and their are 2 are located at the end of the slide mechanism on the top railing behind the rubber sweep.There is a process for disengaging the motors and re-synchronizing them.Go on google and look up Swintech and there is a step by step process.

JENDAVE

I think that's a Lippert Schwintek Electric. Here's a link to a troubleshooting guide.

The guide says for “stuck in dealer only”. We are in Virginia and it’s pouring and windy and the slide is leaking profusely now. Feeling super discouraged. Any water leakage is never a good sign of things to come. We have had this unit just a year.
Just watched the Lippert video for electric slides, this would have been very valuable information to have, before things went wrong. Not a great system to be left in the dark about. Literally, not a happy camper!!!!!

danemayer

The guide says for “stuck in dealer only”. We are in Virginia and it’s pouring and windy and the slide is leaking profusely now. Feeling super discouraged. Any water leakage is never a good sign of things to come. We have had this unit just a year.

Page 5 instructions are the same and are for "Retail". I would guess they prefer that end customers not mess with the controller in either circumstance, but they know if the slide is stuck in the out position, you have to have a way to get it in.

JENDAVE

Page 5 instructions are the same and are for "Retail". I would guess they prefer that end customers not mess with the controller in either circumstance, but they know if the slide is stuck in the out position, you have to have a way to get it in.

Thank you for your help Dan, I truly appreciate all the effort you and others put in to share trouble shooting advice.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I haven't had a chance to mess with those type of slides yet. However I believe there are 2 very small motors, one on each side. check the plugs at the motors.

kbausano

Our 2017 Bighorn LR slide failed a couple of months back, doing damage to the rear inside trim pieces among others. Amazingly, one side of our slide topper had locked itself (that was the absolute last thing I could imagine), causing that rear end to tweek the slide frame a bit. FWIW