Norcold Model N611V not working on 120 volt.

We have been having trouble with are new 30 foot Trail Runner's fridge. The fridge is a Norcold N611V, it will not run on 120 volts. It seems to detect that 120 volt is on but doesn't get cold. I have check the incoming power and circuit panel and all good there. It works on propane just not 120. When I push power on button it turns green for about 5 seconds and then turns off. We contacted the dealer but they told us we have to bring the trailer back to them in order to for them to service, which is a 6 hour haul. What makes matters even worse is we paid an additional 3 grand for the 10 year extended warranty. Any suggestion would be welcome.

danemayer

Hi Camping_Couple,

Take a look at the circuit board on the back of the frig. On many trailers, there's a removable louvered vent on the outside that exposes the back of the frig. If you can find where the 110V power cord attaches to the circuit board, you may see a fuse that could be blown.

wdk450

We have been having trouble with are new 30 foot Trail Runner's fridge. The fridge is a Norcold N611V, it will not run on 120 volts. It seems to detect that 120 volt is on but doesn't get cold. I have check the incoming power and circuit panel and all good there. It works on propane just not 120. When I push power on button it turns green for about 5 seconds and then turns off. We contacted the dealer but they told us we have to bring the trailer back to them in order to for them to service, which is a 6 hour haul. What makes matters even worse is we paid an additional 3 grand for the 10 year extended warranty. Any suggestion would be welcome.

If your rig new, you have a warranty to cover this. Call Heartland Service at the number at the top left of the Portal page.

danemayer

Another thought: Norcold warrants the refrigerator. If you call Norcold, they can probably point you to a local authorized service location.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Make sure the 110 cord is plugged in and there is power to the outlet. The green light on the panel will come on indicating that it is switching over but when it doesn't detect power it will go off.