Odd slide issues this past weekend while camping

Nlambert

My wife and I took our new (to us) 2013 Prowler 5th wheel out for it's maiden camping trip this weekend. All in all things went fairly smoothly, but expecting potential issues on the first time out I came well prepared with tools.

Once we leveled up and unhooked, the kitchen and bedroom slide (driverside if in the truck) didn't work. I finished hooking everything up and decided to try them again before digging for the manual crank. Suddenly they worked. When we were packing up yesterday we noticed the bedroom slide wouldn't retract. Once I began manually cranking the slide my wife could hit the button and it would retract. She accidentally let go of the switch and I had to manually crank it over a few times before the switch began working again. Breakers and fuses all looked good.

I've also had issues with my rear stabilizer switch. I had to replace a corroded spade connector that broke off to get it working. After two uses it broke again. Then upon trying to drop the landing gear to unhook, they weren't working. I had to replace the fuse to get them going.

Any ideas if these things may be related and what may cause them? I dropped it at the dealer on the way home to get it warrantied, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me. It may be a few weeks before we get it back.

ram22

I've been battling a similar slideout issue with my 2015 North Trail trailer. Read my thread and forum feedback. At this point I'm thinking it's loose wiring causing the same intermittent and random electrical failure that you're describing. And like you found with broken blade connectors, the wiring and splices behind the switch do not look like very good quality work, and I cannot find any other explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk