Ok so tired of 5'r rocking

Sierra66

What's a good way to eliminate rocking when moving about in the camper. I have seen hardware that cross attaches each front jacks. Is this the way to go? I know I can google this but I appreciate personal experience. That's why I'm a Heartland Owners member.

Bones

What's a good way to eliminate rocking when moving about in the camper. I have seen hardware that cross attaches each front jacks. Is this the way to go? I know I can google this but I appreciate personal experience. That's why I'm a Heartland Owners member.
Look at JT Strong arms. They work very well but you wont get rid of all the movement.

MP_CS

Just installed Jt strongarms on our fiver, although it didn't eliminate all the rocking its is a huge improvement. I would definitely recommend

Jim-Lynn

I agree 100% with both replies. I had then on my last 5r and worked well - now 6 point leveling - what a dream

Jim

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I use the X-Chocks between the wheels . . . they get rid of most of the rocking.

ProwlerGlowStep8-P3200628.jpg ProwlerXChocks-P4130636.jpg

And when I need more stability I kept my old screw-up jacks (note under front corners) from our bumper pull
days and put two or all four on the frame just in front and/or in back of the tires on both sides of the Prowler.

TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095204779.jpg TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg

I've also been thinking about getting a tripod for the king pin.

MP_CS

John, i tryed a buddy's tripod before i bought my strongarms and there's no comparison imho.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

We have found that the further the jacks are extended the more wobble we get. Whenever we are staying someplace for an extended period of time I put 3-6 inches of blocks underneath each jack and it helps out a bunch. We also use the x chocks on each side.

BusManRG

We have the 6 point leveling system which takes care of most movement, but on the advice of another member, we added the electric stabilizer jacks to the rear. I really don't feel any movement at all!!

Sandy

Gaffer

Last edited:

gasman

Camp Socializer
I went with the Steadyfast stabilizing system. It is much simpler than the JTs in my opinion. It uses three arms and is extremely easy to deploy. The installation was easy and took about 2 hours to install. I have the 6-point system and with the Steadyfast we are extremely stable.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I went with the Steadyfast stabilizing system. It is much simpler than the JTs in my opinion. It uses three arms and is extremely easy to deploy. The installation was easy and took about 2 hours to install. I have the 6-point system and with the Steadyfast we are extremely stable.

How does the Steadyfast attach to the feet of Level-Up? Can you post a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaffer

How does the Steadyfast attach to the feet of Level-Up? Can you post a pic?

I found this pic on the steadyfast website: Don't think it will work with snap pads.

Door_Side_Rear_Jack_5.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Hey mike, you got snap pads with that?
PJ

gasman

Camp Socializer
I have snap pads and they work just fine. As far as the installation goes, you can purchase a kit that comes with three countersink bolts and the countersink drill bit to allow for a smooth underside on the foot pads for about $21 as I recall. I used the bolts that come with the bars and welded them to the top of the foot pads.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have snap pads and they work just fine. As far as the installation goes, you can purchase a kit that comes with three countersink bolts and the countersink drill bit to allow for a smooth underside on the foot pads for about $21 as I recall. I used the bolts that come with the bars and welded them to the top of the foot pads.

Please post a pic! Or if you'll be in Goshen, I'd love to see in person.

gasman

Camp Socializer
We are moving tomorrow so I will try to remember to snap a picture when we land. Erica, we will be in Goshen on the 6th. If you are going to be there, come on over and have a look. We are in the Northwest area.

Last edited: