On-going tire issue

bud880

Could you give me more infor.

one of the very best investments we have made is in the tire pressure monitoring system. We have the doran system which is very similar to the pressure pro. Doran made the pressure pro until a couple of years ago when they began producing one under their own name. The doran system is a few bucks cheaper and allows you to set the baseline pressure which the pressure pro does not. But basicly they are the same and they both accomplish the same thing.

doran sys. Bud880

Replace them as fast as you can. I had two (2) blow outs in 3-months and when I took my trailer to Les Schwab, they told me I had another tire seperating, so I replaced them with 14 ply tires. Each time the tire blew cost about 1500 dollars worth of damage to my trailer.

I fell lucky. I replaced the original Missions that had 12,000 miles with Goodyear G614s. I found a deal on Craigslist - 4 never mounted Goodyear G614s for $750. and then had a local tire shop mount and balance them for $55. So, bottom line - $ 805.
Just got back from the first trip with the G614s and they were great. Over two weeks, never had to add any air. And I got better gas mileage - most likely the lack of head winds. But 1,600 miles and averaged 12.5 to 13 MPG.
It has been mentioned that the 14 ply tires give you a rougher ride. I didn't notice anything disturbed more than usual.
G614s equal peace of mind.