On our way to Campland by the bay

dghofstee

Loud Mouthed Member
We are brand new owners (4 dayS) of our North Trail 32BUDS. We will be at Campland by the bay this weekend. Spot L-36. Stop by and say hey. We have 5 kids and are always looking for similar families. Look for the red 15 passenger tow vehicle

jimtoo

Hi dghofstee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you have questions about anything in/on your unit, you can usually find the answer right here. We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced also.

Also be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

jbeletti

Congrats on your new NT! Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Heartland Owners Forum. Have fun making memories.

dghofstee

Loud Mouthed Member
Thanks folks! We may join the owners club, but it doesnt look like there are many rallies in the so cal region. We still work full time, so weekend trips are our best option at the moment. Driving 8-10 hours isnt quite in the cards yet.

jbeletti

Thanks folks! We may join the owners club, but it doesnt look like there are many rallies in the so cal region. We still work full time, so weekend trips are our best option at the moment. Driving 8-10 hours isnt quite in the cards yet.

Bob (bob&patty) usually has a rally near Temecula each year and he has a campout coming up in Buellton. Check the EVENTS link at the top of any forum page and scroll down through all the events. We'd love to see you at an event this year. Note that most club events are on the weekends and are no cost to members other than site fees.

F_Goose

Hi dghofstee,
Congrats on your new North Trail. We just purchased a NT 26LRSS and had it delivered a couple of weeks ago. I've been working the last weeks on getting it set up. We are taking it out for the first trip this w/e too, but will be heading up to the Julian area.

Do you live in the SD area?
F Goose

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dghofstee and F Goose, we are planning the "offical" Socal rally the last part of October. We have a great bunch of people in Socal. We have all exchanged PH#'s and have little campouts during the year at Lake Skinner and other reginal parks close by. PM me your PH# and I will keep you posted.

bobca1

We are brand new owners (4 dayS) of our North Trail 32BUDS. We will be at Campland by the bay this weekend. Spot L-36. Stop by and say hey. We have 5 kids and are always looking for similar families. Look for the red 15 passenger tow vehicle

I will be next door at Mission Bay RV park in couple weeks, starting Feb 28th. We prefer campland and have stayed there few time before, but they did not have availability for days we are staying in March.

Mizmary

You should try the KOA in Chula Vista sometime too!! Tons of fun activities for the kids! ;D

8amps

We are at Mission Bay RV park, literally next door to Campland. Weather has been great and several Heartlands here in the park. Enjoy your stay!

F_Goose

8amps,
Yes its supposed to be a 81 high today along the coast. A gorgeous day and w/e ahead!!
We are just a few miles from the bay so have never stayed at the rv parks along the bay. Rode our bikes thru there a few times so I know its nice. I'm getting my NT ready for our first shakedown trip this w/e. Heading up to the mtns.
Have a great time while you're out here.

FG

dghofstee

Loud Mouthed Member
F_Goose, We live in Ramona. As a matter of fact on your way up or down from Julian you can see our rig stored just north of Dye road and 67. Its at a buddies house until my gate gets widened.

Bob&Patty, I love lake skinner. Used to visit as a kid, would enjoy taking my kids back. I will PM you my info.

BOBCAL & 8AMPS, I think the Mission Bay spot is very nice. Campland has gotten a little deteriorated in recent years.

Mizmary, Does the "smell" come up that far? My Wife hates the "smell" that can often permeate your nose when traveling south.

Sorry for my late responses. Somehow I have managed to turn off email alerts, and didn't realize you folks took the time to respond. I will look into that.
If any of you are Amateur radio operators and are in the area let me know. I frequent local 2 meter repeaters in the county. KX6DGH is the call.

bobca1

Wow, Ramona!! I grew up there! right across 67 from you on highland valley rd. Graduated RHS 1990, then moved to the coast.
I think I will be in spot 140 at mission bay RV, starting on Feb 28th. We like Campland because it has more open space and a nicer beach, and the jacuzzi and pool, but some sections where the long term campers are pretty sketchy.

F_Goose, We live in Ramona. As a matter of fact on your way up or down from Julian you can see our rig stored just north of Dye road and 67. Its at a buddies house until my gate gets widened.

Bob&Patty, I love lake skinner. Used to visit as a kid, would enjoy taking my kids back. I will PM you my info.

BOBCAL & 8AMPS, I think the Mission Bay spot is very nice. Campland has gotten a little deteriorated in recent years.

Mizmary, Does the "smell" come up that far? My Wife hates the "smell" that can often permeate your nose when traveling south.

Sorry for my late responses. Somehow I have managed to turn off email alerts, and didn't realize you folks took the time to respond. I will look into that.
If any of you are Amateur radio operators and are in the area let me know. I frequent local 2 meter repeaters in the county. KX6DGH is the call.

dghofstee

Loud Mouthed Member
Wow, Ramona!! I grew up there! right across 67 from you on highland valley rd. Graduated RHS 1990, then moved to the coast.
I think I will be in spot 140 at mission bay RV, starting on Feb 28th. We like Campland because it has more open space and a nicer beach, and the jacuzzi and pool, but some sections where the long term campers are pretty sketchy.

I am a Ramona transplant. I actually live in the estates. I grew up in the Inland Empire (you know where the smog meets the landfill at the bottom of the mountains). I think you hit it on the head with Campland. We were somewhat beach front, but right next to the long term campers. I suppose the dead giveaway was the permanent dog fences and mismatched paving stone patios at some of the sites.

We will be at Dos Picos on that weekend. Its nice and close to home.

Attachments

• Moose_Trailer2.jpg
    Moose_Trailer2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 10404416_10202991935790630_6155161250345688416_n.jpg
    10404416_10202991935790630_6155161250345688416_n.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 15

F_Goose

Hey Donald,
Hope you had fun at the bay. Bet it was a really nice w/e here. We stayed at KQ near Julian; did a few hikes but mainly broke in the new trailer. We usually go on I-8 there and home so don't get by Ramona much. We live near the bay. Did a lot of wakeboarding and skiing there, but the kids are older now (1 in college and 1 recently grad.). The wife and I got the trailer to get out on our own.
Goose