Ordering from the factory???

remoandiris

The CY 4000 is the unit for me. I don't want the livingroom furniture that comes from the factory. What is the process to order from the factory? Is it simply a matter of finding a dealer and filling out paperwork?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The CY 4000 is the unit for me. I don't want the livingroom furniture that comes from the factory. What is the process to order from the factory? Is it simply a matter of finding a dealer and filling out paperwork?

The factory only sells through dealers and not directly. So, find a dealer, fill out the paperwork and order the unit you want. If you need to find a dealer contact Heartland Customer Service.

remoandiris

Factory offered a lousy $400 credit for not fitting the livingroom furniture in the 4000. Needless to say, I will order it with livingroom furniture.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
RVParts Nation in Elkhart told us they buy new RV furniture, from folks who want to change it immediately. (They do not buy used). They also build custom RV furniture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subdrv

We are in the same boat. Ordered Memorial Day weekend. Being built this week hoping to see it before we leave next week for Sturgis but don't think so. We should pick it up when we get back around the middle of Aug. I feel your pain.

Greengas

We are in the same boat. Ordered Memorial Day weekend. Being built this week hoping to see it before we leave next week for Sturgis but don't think so. We should pick it up when we get back around the middle of Aug. I feel your pain.

My new Landmark is also being built this week. Due off the line on Thursday and since we are not getting it painted it should be ready for shipping by Monday I can't wait.

remoandiris

Unit arrived last week and is getting checked over by the dealer techs. Stress cracks found at the front cap/sidewall on the drivers side and some scuffs on the passenger side. May get the call to pick it up this week, maybe not. I probably should have just gone to Ohio and got the one on the lot. Would have had it over a month ago. Yes, I'd like the dealer to find problems so I don't, but I hate the feeling of excitement, only to have the rug pulled out from under me.

pegmikef

Basically, yes . . . but make sure you have done your homework and negotiate a price with the selected dealer. The dealers make money off of the sale and then off of each option you order, but at the same time are able to discount any and all of these costs. A lot of folks order directly from the so called wholesalers and get good deals or people like me get the best price they can from the wholesalers and then use this pricing to negotiate with the dealers. When you order from the factory the dealer doesn't really have much skin in the game because he probably is going to require a deposit from you and has no storage or floorplan costs because it never sits on his lot. My dealer actually beat the best price I got from the so called whole salers and I had many options. The down side is once you order it, it will be several weeks before you actually see it.