Outdoor Resorts, Aguanga, CA

FlyerChief

Picked up our new Bighorn 3070rl last weekend and we're out for our shakedown first trip at this great resort about 15 miles east of Temecula, CA. Lots of Heartland products here, mostly Bighorns. We've seen one Owners Group placard on the ladder of a Bighorn, but it doesn't look like anyone's home. The slides are in and the truck is covered with dust.

funntheson

Enjoy your shakedown. Make sure to keep some paper handy and write down any problems, no matter how insignificant they may seem. Then you can take your list to the dealer and go over the list.

See you in October.

Larry

jbeletti

Congrats Bill and Dotty! Enjoy your shakedown trip and don't be dismayed to find a few things amiss and a few more items you have questions on. The forum is here to help as is your dealer as is Heartland Customer Service.

FlyerChief

Thanks, Jim. So far the problems have been minor....or not a problem at all. The satellite connection in the UDC didn't work, but after doing some reading here, I was able to troubleshoot and fix a bad job of coax crimping in the UDC at the factory. Took about 10 minutes to correct. I couldn't get electric hot water, but after reading here, I discovered that the dealer's instructions during the PDI were wrong. He told us (we both heard it) that the only time we were to pull the cotter pin and turn the switch in the hotwater heater to 'on' was if there was an electrical problem and the inside switch didn't work. We now know that both switches need to be 'on' in order to get hot water....no problem at all.

Sure, I could have taken it back to the dealer to fix those things, but that would have been more trouble than its worth. The only thing I haven't been able to sort out yet is on of the locks on the window won't release. The left hand lock slides just fine, but the right hand lock doesn't slide far enough to release the pin and let us open the window. I'm going to look for a solution here next.

Another great idea from the forum was to cover the particle board bed base with slippery stick-on floor tiles. That job took about 45 minutes today and now the bed is much, much easier to make!

This isn't our first RV, so we're not discouraged at all. Actually, I've been surprised at the overall fit and finish. Our problems have been minor and easily fixable. I'm very impressed by the factory support of this forum. Our last RV was a Tiffin motorhome. While there was a very large and active community forum like this, Tiffin had nothing to do with it. This seems to be a very good partnership. I just hope that the factory keeps an eye on feedback here and uses it to improve the product design and manufacturing process (like those pesky bad coax crimps!).

So.....now I guess I need to do a search for sticking window locks.......