Over hang trim

kbraun

I have a 2012 sundance 3300ck. The v trim on the side wall on the over hang ahead of the rear radius breaks the caulk. Have tightened the screws & recaulked. Door side seems worse. Have contacted heartland. Made an appointment in April. Will repost what is found at that time. Heartland said it is ok to keep using the camper until then.

Last edited:

jimtoo

HI kbraun,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Not sure where your speaking of,, but if you could post a picture or two I'm sure you will get some responses from our members.

Jim M

kbraun

I have heard of lippert frame problems. That's why I am concerned. I have measured pin box flex. The difference between loaded on truck & on landing legs is 3/8 inch. Seems normal. I have installed longer screws that has helped some. I feel I may be covering up the real problem. I have no flexing or movement on cap or under over hang no movement inside cabinets. Only movement on side trim. One member had a 2010 eagle ridge with the same problem. Heartland fixed his frame. I don't know if our campers have the same frame design. Heartland has offered to look @ this problem. The only problem is I live 400 miles from factory. I would hate to take the camper there & they tell Me this is normal. Thanks for the replies.

danemayer

The only problem is I live 400 miles from factory. I would hate to take the camper there & they tell Me this is normal. Thanks for the replies.
One day to get there, one day at the factory, one day to get home. If nothing is needed, you'll have peace of mind. If repair is needed, it's probably better to get it done earlier.

jnbhobe

Has Heartland asked for pictures? I had about the same thing, Heartland looked at it at the rally, they are fixing it in the spring.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Has Heartland asked for pictures? I had about the same thing, Heartland looked at it at the rally, they are fixing it in the spring.

Yes I would call HL and ask for Eric McDaniel, and take pics of both hitch and unhitched.

We had similar, and thus repaired by HL. 2010 ElkRidge. Looks new again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk