Paradise RV & Western RV Leduc AB

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Strange how they could have associated your forum user name with your real name/phone number from this forum, since it's not listed anywhere in your public profile.?????

Peace
Dave

bigredtruck

They are the dealer that has given me the best quotation so far.
How have they been to deal with if anyone has bought from them especially from Canada?
Lakeshore was awesome to deal with. they arranged our financing through a 'sister' company in Saskatoon so we are dealing with the Bank of Montreal. PDI was great. Price was great. John was sometimes hard to get in touch with but all in all we saved about $20K. We did know it would be hard to get warranty service but decided for that kind of money, we could pay to get most things fixed. It so happens that there is an independant repair shop just south of us in Washington State that does warranty work for Heartland. DH said he was great to deal with. In a nutshell, we would do it again.

Rigmover06

I guess they read about my warranty beefs on here and knew about it from work and didn't like my broadcasting their name. Oh well,like my dad used to say..Some days the truth hurts.lol

irvin56

local= verses, new/used/ travel

Okay Why I made my buy locally.

1) This forum and info I researched ahead of time
2) NorthTrail and Heartland are not that old. Warranty work covered or
worked on by my dealer
3) I do not plan and major travel for another 7 yrs(retire then)
4) Repairs with the trailer. Close to home and no need to haul unit for
more than 20 miles to dealer
5) NEW UNIT, not used
6) Extended warranty that they travel to me to fix
and a few other things.
Not planning on being out of Canada for many yrs. Don't have to hunt for dealers in states or eastern canada to fix

NOW if I was going to fulltime or extensively travel. I would of bought at best price anywhere within reasonal distance.

I know from forum PM's and research that I could of saved lots of dollars in Saskachewan, north of calgary and into the states.
but I thought the overall feeling were LOCAL.

And the Warranty work that was done for me by Racetrack rv, was excellent, no hassles, and will buy from them again, if neeed arises

NOW ON other hand, if it was used, you normally on have on the lot here and now, and a guarantee ( warranty) that everything works. That's it.

I would have hunted and bought privately, or from any dealer that offered me a good price.
After all, AFTER warranties we fix it ourselves and our expense

jal555

Reasons why I bought south of the border
1. I saved $17,000.00 – My thinking was $17,000 buys a lot of repair work
2. Multiple dealers in the Edmonton area refused to negotiate. They tried the old “it’s very difficult to get it across the border”. This couldn’t have been further from the truth.
3. The prevailing attitude was “we don’t need your business”. Calls were not returned.
4. Heartland found us a repair place 40 minutes away who have been more than pleased to have our business.
5. I think it is small thinking buy dealers. We have purchased many accesories including a surge protector not from them. Our next purchases are a satellite dish and a generator but again not from them.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I agree with jal555. My savings were as not as much as his but still substantial. I know you guys in Canada have other $ considerations but we try to save a few bucks here in the lower half of the continent also.

The only regret I have is not paying more attention to the dealers reccomended on this site. Several names you see here alot are Lakeshore, Rv for Less, Capital. I bought mine from a very rude Terrytown RV (my opinion of course) in Grand Rapids. Best price I could find--absolutley lousy service after the sale. Jim B ended up stepping in to get the factory to resolve all but one of the issues. They were not even warranty issues-it was all damage to the trailer.

What a great company Heartland is to resolve those issues that were in no way asscoiated with building the coach.

What a great person Jim Belletti is for noticing one post about it and making things happen.

Pick your non local dealer very carefully and listen to the reccomendations on this forum.

geeksrus

Reasons why I bought south of the border
1. I saved $17,000.00 – My thinking was $17,000 buys a lot of repair work
2. Multiple dealers in the Edmonton area refused to negotiate. They tried the old “it’s very difficult to get it across the border”. This couldn’t have been further from the truth.
3. The prevailing attitude was “we don’t need your business”. Calls were not returned.
4. Heartland found us a repair place 40 minutes away who have been more than pleased to have our business.
5. I think it is small thinking buy dealers. We have purchased many accesories including a surge protector not from them. Our next purchases are a satellite dish and a generator but again not from them.

Regarding #4... what is the name & location of the repair shop?

Thanks Eh!

I can understand the dealers not wanting to service a unit purchasd loacly at another dealer, but what if somewon was traveling on vacation and are thousands of miles from the selling dealer. This a major problem that there is no excuse to exist. The RV industry should correct this. Rigmover06, what was this dealers name. Sounds like we should avoid them like the plaige.

Barry & Alana

Hi everyone. We purchased our unit from Western also. Overall our service has been really good through ken - we did have one blip over our fridge on warranty (different time for that post)....but in fairness to this company - the warranty issue has become the norm I think in the whole industry. Our first summer with our unit - on the first trip - out in BC, our awning came out by the bedroom window. I called Heartland, rthey gave me the dealer that was in the area. We went to this dealer in the Vancouver, BC area - and sat for 3 hours - only to be told we service our own units sold here only. So, what so you do? They refused to help at all! I mentioned that to western rv when we got home and they said the same thing. Not purchased here - won't service it. They loyalty is to ther customers - and thats it. I don't agree 100% on that view, only because we have been on the road and needed help. I guess, there will be a time when someone will publish a book on RV dealers who service travellers.

Also, If you do#'s - versus RV sales (per unit) X the repair bays x hrs/per unit - which I would think would be aprox. 2-3- hours per new unit for warrantry work - most places don't have enough bays to have drive up work. Thats my theory - perhaps it way off base - but I think its the way it is in todays market due to high volume sales , Also, the warranty issue - some dealers can't afford to have high warranty claims and not get paid. I'm sure thats a whole topic on its own.

On another note to Western RV, last weekend we stopped at a sister location with this company - the salesman said - (second time I heard this) this companyu is unsre if they are carrying the HEartland products in the future. They had no new HL unitrs on this lot - he said to many problems with the line. Less dealers in this province with HL is not the way consumers would like to see this go.. the idea would be more dealers carryting this line. (or something political behind closed doors) who knows!!!
Thats my view on the situation

nhunter

I drove by Honda Magic in Brooks, Ab and all they have is Heartlands. I have seen more North Trails in the last month than anything else. I think HL sales are on the up, maybe just not at Western.

Duramax1

I would like to hope that Western is getting a lot of heat from Heartland about their poor reputation and also is suffering from bad publicity about their name on forums such as this.

tmcran

I have had a very good experiance from my local dealer, Franklin Big County RV in Abilene TX. I have had several problems with my 2998RB.

Thank goodness I got it local. They have been very easy to work with and have not hesitated to get with HL ASAP when nescessary. For the first 2-3 months I had my RV I was really worried if I would ever be happy.
Leaks: Front BR slide (2-3 months to fix- required different repairs),leak in shower surround (still leaks but I will re-caulk),leaks in basement (fixed),could not fill fresh water tank,(fixed) delamination bottom of LR & rear BR slide warranty from HL and repaired by dealer. (fixed)and interior defects repaired by dealer. I could have saved a few hundred by going 300 miles away. It was worth the extra cost to drive only 6 miles to the dealer as I have had to go there a number of times. Repairs and work were done without any complaints by the dealer and techs.

sunflower

It was that PLUS for me. Bought from RVs for Less/Best Buy RVs which I understand has gone under. Too bad they were great to deal with.

Eh!

Do ya think selling for less or under selling had anything to do with it,they are no longer around to service the product.Same as having a dealer you haven't bought from not want to do service.Old saying is anybody can sell for less etc.We have moved back to Saskatchewan from Alberta and you would not believe the difference in dealer attitude here.

geeksrus

Do ya think selling for less or under selling had anything to do with it,they are no longer around to service the product.Same as having a dealer you haven't bought from not want to do service.Old saying is anybody can sell for less etc.We have moved back to Saskatchewan from Alberta and you would not believe the difference in dealer attitude here.

No.... RVs Price Busters was the wholesale division of Best Buy had 2 large retail operations, one in Springfield Ohio & the other in Richmond, IN. From what I understand, their retail operations were much larger than their wholesale business.

They were competative with other U.S. wholesalers I talked to. Even if I had bought from a U.S. retail operation I would have saved a great deal over purchasing from a local Alberta based dealer.

Eh!

Last edited:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
No.... RVs for Less was the wholesale division of Best Buy RVs. Best Buy had 2 large retail operations, one in Springfield Ohio & the other in Richmond, IN. From what I understand, their retail operations were much larger than their wholesale business.

They were competative with other U.S. wholesalers I talked to. Even if I had bought from a U.S. retail operation I would have saved a great deal over purchasing from a local Alberta based dealer.

Eh!

No, RVs for Less was not. PriceBuster.com was the wholesale unit of Best Buy RVs. Butch and Karen are the owners of RVs for Less in Tennessee. By the way, Butch and Karen are a great couple and will do a good for their customers.

Mark

TXBobcat

Fulltime
i
Okay I will step in here..
I am a equipment dealer and this is something we face all the time...
However I am one of the far and few dealers that take all the work I can get no matter who you are or where you purchased your equipment.
I don't care if it is warranty work or busted knuckle work IT MONEY I US TO PAY MY BILLS WITH!!
I just don't get it..I look at it as another potential customer.

Maybe it's because I am young and not burnt out yet or may it's just because I haven't made enought to retire yet.

Well on another note I have been in contact with Heartland and I am trying to get set up as a servicing dealer even though we don't sell RV's (yet) I still sell enclosed and equipment trailers and have techs that can work on anything.

Well Wallace, Many of us are fulltimers and our RV's are out of warranty. If your intrested in some business, if it would be proper, post your business, address and phone number. If we are in the area we might come by and give you a chance to do some business. I for one would like to find someone in different areas that I could depend on.

Now I don't know if it is proper to do this... If not send me a PM and I will put you in my address book and call you if I am in your area..

BC

In addition... It would be nice to have a list of those that we can depend on to do good work all across the US and Canada...

ann1951

Here is a good one in Strathmore Alberta .
Strathmore Rv 403-934-2776
74 Slater Road .

DMitch

I have an idea that Good Sam is going to set up a nation wide system of service centers. I recently received and email requesting I take a survey on the subject.