Passenger slide sagging

yepuhuh

I was noticing my passenger slide was sagging and went down below and found the following. The braces underneath were micky mouse rigged and I had to beef them up a bit. So I went to Lowe's and bought some 1/8 angle iron and braced it up . No more sagging!

Attachments

• IMG_20140330_154020_696.jpg
    IMG_20140330_154020_696.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20140331_163400_006.jpg
    IMG_20140331_163400_006.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 121

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Nice job on the repair.
I deleted your thread from four days ago.
This one is better.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was noticing my passenger slide was sagging and went down below and found the following. The braces underneath were micky mouse rigged and I had to beef them up a bit. So I went to Lowe's and bought some 1/8 angle iron and braced it up . No more sagging!

I don't know if this is "mickey mouse". Our 2010 has similar, no problems yet.

yepuhuh

Underneath the metal tray that the slide falls down into has a piece of angle the length of it. When we put 3 over 300lb seating on the couch and kitchen chair puts a load on the slide floor thus bending the top 1 inch square tubing(over time). when slide is extended the top seal was also not totally extended to keep water and debris out. since I beefed it up the top of the slide is not sagging either. I say mickey mouse because the 1 inch square tubing was poorly welded and not really long enough to be on top of the brace to bear a load.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Glad to know a fix, though, in case we need it. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk