Pause in slide movement during slide retraction

I have a 2010 Big Horn 3610 RL with 4 slides which is 18 months old. The last couple of tmies we used the trailer I experienced a pause in slide movement (stall) when I was retracting the slides. Whenthis happens I release the button, and wait a few seconds and press it again and it completes the retraction of all slide correctly. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so what is the cause? I just don't want to get stuck with the slides half way retracted.

brianharrison

I would suspect the auto reset breaker for the slides - either it is old and tired or the voltage from the battery drops and current exceeds the autoreset limit. Does it do it with the batteries fully charged and connected to shore power?

Hope this helps.

Brian

rick_debbie_gallant

I have a 2010 Big Horn 3610 RL with 4 slides which is 18 months old. The last couple of tmies we used the trailer I experienced a pause in slide movement (stall) when I was retracting the slides. Whenthis happens I release the button, and wait a few seconds and press it again and it completes the retraction of all slide correctly. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so what is the cause? I just don't want to get stuck with the slides half way retracted.

Yes, I have had it happen to me several times. I simply wait the few seconds and continue what I am doing.

DougS

Doug S
The bedroom slide in my Landmark had the same problem that you are reporting. I contacted Heartland, seems the factory installed the wrong size automatic fuse. I replaced the 8 amp fuse with the proper size, all is good.

olcoon

We had a similar problem on our Elk Ridge, while coming in the motor would bog down & almost stop, then it'd jump up, and come on in. Long story short, the slide floor screws had come loose, and the floor was hanging up. Here is a link to the thread on it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The original breakers get old and start to trip easily. I replaced mine with one that I ordered from Lippert thru Heartland. I put in new wire but the wire that was installed for the hydraulic pump. It works great now and I have had no problems. If you don't replac the breaker it will continue to get worse and keep stopping when running the slides in.

You might check out these threads about the same subject:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/19663-Auto-Reset-Circuit-Breaker-for-Slide..
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/19535-Electric-Breaker-for-Slide-Out

BC

Westwind

The breaker I'm assuming your speaking of is the the one in the panel box, or is this another type that is located outside of the panel box?

Yes I have the same problem on my 2010 Big Horn. The slides start in they stop and I release the switch for a moment and then they come in. Why would the breakers need replaced this soon? I have had other problems with my 3385 that I dont understand. I have leaks that I dont understand if the unit was old I could understand the leaks . The unit was just over one year old just out of warranty, the refrig vent leaked and the fiberglass on the body got water under it and came loose. The big door for access to the belly the top outside door frame water also has gotten under the fiberglass and has came loose with water damage. The vents for the bathroom sewer were cut to short and leaked sewer fumes down into the bedroom, the kitchen vent was the same way fumes coming out in the kitchen and living room. The ceiling fan installed improperly making a loud noise. The kitchen sink leaked, the bathroom shower leaked out into the floor had to reseal shower. the commode seal was installed improperly had to take apart and put a new one in. Water flooded the belly floor again plumbing installed improperly. Awning left side stuck several times coming out. Kitchen exhaust vent door broke. I Love the 3385 the layout is just really great the look of the 3385 can not be beat. we just love it, but have had the problems with the 3385. Heartland has a gold mine with the big horn if they had a good quality control to make sure the customer got what they are paying for.

arisce

Actually, I have a similar problem. All slides go out but all go in except door slide. The last slide starts and then a ratatatt starts and the door slide stops. Also here is a sound like a beep when I press the in/out button. I have checked "all" troubleshooting in this thread and it does not solve problem. Help. Thanks.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Yes I have the same problem on my 2010 Big Horn. The slides start in they stop and I release the switch for a moment and then they come in. Why would the breakers need replaced this soon? I have had other problems with my 3385 that I dont understand. I have leaks that I dont understand if the unit was old I could understand the leaks . The unit was just over one year old just out of warranty, the refrig vent leaked and the fiberglass on the body got water under it and came loose. The big door for access to the belly the top outside door frame water also has gotten under the fiberglass and has came loose with water damage. The vents for the bathroom sewer were cut to short and leaked sewer fumes down into the bedroom, the kitchen vent was the same way fumes coming out in the kitchen and living room. The ceiling fan installed improperly making a loud noise. The kitchen sink leaked, the bathroom shower leaked out into the floor had to reseal shower. the commode seal was installed improperly had to take apart and put a new one in. Water flooded the belly floor again plumbing installed improperly. Awning left side stuck several times coming out. Kitchen exhaust vent door broke. I Love the 3385 the layout is just really great the look of the 3385 can not be beat. we just love it, but have had the problems with the 3385. Heartland has a gold mine with the big horn if they had a good quality control to make sure the customer got what they are paying for.

I would suggest you contact Lippert about your problem. They make the slide mechanism. It usually is either a weak or undersized breaker. These breakers are in the battery compartment. They had me add a 50 amp breaker as it came with a 40 amp. I was told it was rated for 100amp but for some reason the breaker was undersized. When we added the breaker the hesitation quit.

arisce

Actually, I have a similar problem. All slides go out but all go in except door slide. The last slide starts and then a ratatatt starts and the door slide stops. Also here is a sound like a beep when I press the in/out button. I have checked "all" troubleshooting in this thread and it does not solve problem. Help. Thanks.

Anybody out there? Please help.

Niles

To the op I agree with everyone else that the breaker is weak, the one in the battery compartment, cause we had the same problem. Replaced the breaker no more problem. Arisce, I would think from what you said you have a much different problem it sounds like you may have a misaligned slide and the ratatatt you hear is the gears jumping as you're trying to pull it in. either by The slide needs to be adjusted you or your dealer.

funntheson

We also have the hesitation problem with our bedroom slide. Our slide that has the kitchen area and tv area is very noisy. I assumed this was because of all of the weight, but should I have it checked?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We also have the hesitation problem with our bedroom slide. Our slide that has the kitchen area and tv area is very noisy. I assumed this was because of all of the weight, but should I have it checked?

Shouldn't be noisy. Wouldn't hurt to get it checked.