Pin box upgrades

Dmetcalf

Hi all from Austin Tx

Wondering if anyone has experience with the GenY executive fifthwheel gooseneck conversion pinbox with the torsion bar system? We had a 2015 cyclone 4200 which unfortunately burned to the ground December 2018 while in storage. I had upgraded the pin box to a moreryde and it helped with the chucking but didn't help enough. We bought a new 2019 cyclone 4007 in Januarary 2019 and I upgraded the pin box to a trailair flexair. It helped to but were still getting beaten up. Im looking at the GenY gooseneck conversion pin box. It uses tortion bars and they claim they provide the smoothest ride. I was even told by the manufacturer if I don't like it, they will take it back. Has anyone had experience with this pin box? what are your thoughts? Any input with be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dan mize

We too purchased a 4007 in Jan. 2019. I am in the process of (just ordered the pin box) replacing the stock pin box to a MORryde pin box. I have been reading all of the reviews for the variety of upgraded pin boxes (I didn't realize how many were out there) and I decided on the MORryde. I see a lot of them out there and so I will give it a try and see what difference it makes for me.
How do y'all like your 4007 ..? We absolutely love ours. We did add a stair rail going up to the bedroom though (need it especially coming down the steps).mod for our 4007.jpg

danmize

We too purchased a 4007 in Jan. 2019. I am in the process of (just ordered the pin box) replacing the stock pin box to a MORryde pin box. I have been reading all of the reviews for the variety of upgraded pin boxes (I didn't realize how many were out there) and I decided on the MORryde. I see a lot of them out there and so I will give it a try and see what difference it makes for me.
How do y'all like your 4007 ..? We absolutely love ours. We did add a stair rail going up to the bedroom though (need it especially coming down the steps).View attachment 63840
We love ours too. We go out in it quite often. I like the handrail idea. especialy the old school look of the plumbing pipe. We had a moreryde on our last Cyclone and it did perform well compared to the factory box.

TXgearhead

Well after several hundred miles, I was pleased with the GenY goose box. The bucking did not completely go away but was much less and when it did buck, it stopped quicker due to the torsion bars absorbing it. I went with the 4500# pin weight model but I think I might have had even a better ride with the 5500# one. I am very happy with this setup. No more fifth wheel hitch to remove again.
Congrats! Sounds like you got most of it taken care of.

Dmetcalf

We love ours too. We go out in it quite often. I like the handrail idea. especialy the old school look of the plumbing pipe. We had a moreryde on our last Cyclone and it did perform well compared to the factory box.

I used a metal type stud finder and there are 2 studs where I needed to mount the base plates. Was able to get 2 self tapers on them. Very solid handrail.

Bobby A

I guess I have to jump on this Thread to ask a question since its close to my question.
I have a Trail air pin box( I think it was called tri glide way back when) that was bought and installed by Lippert after a rally in Goshen about 6 years ago. Because of the design of this pin box, it holds water, and now has become very rusty, so rusty my wife is afraid to travel with the trailer. I hate to buy a new one because I know what will happen over time. I do like how this pin box performs. My question is does the new style Roto flex perform as well as the tri glide ??Also, is the Roto-Flex the same as the Trail Air Flex Air ?? or are they two different pin boxes ?? If they are different which one is closest to my Tri Glide ?? Would someone recommend something else ?? I am open for suggestion. Sorry for all the questions.
Thank you,

Last edited: