plastic hozzle went down commode

Wharton

I have a crazy question. Why were you doing this?? To check for leaks? If so why not just use your black tank exterior flush? Just curious.................

herefishy

I have a crazy question. Why were you doing this?? To check for leaks? If so why not just use your black tank exterior flush? Just curious.................
With a hose nozzle I can turn it off as soon as I see water in the toilet. With the back flush I would have to run to the back yard to shut it off. Besides, I treat the back flush with great respect!;)

Gaffer

With the back flush and a clear fitting you can see when the water runs clear. You would be suprised how long this takes.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With a hose nozzle I can turn it off as soon as I see water in the toilet. With the back flush I would have to run to the back yard to shut it off. Besides, I treat the back flush with great respect!;)

Most back flush attachments I've seen have a shut-off valve on them where you connect the hose. Turn it one way and you fill the tank, the opposite and you flush the sewer hose. In the middle, it's off.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Let me get this straight. It was a water hose with a "spray nozzle" on it. Correct?? Then I think the OP said just part of it fell into the tank. Correct?? Was it a plastic or brass nozzle?? If it was a plastic nozzle....just leave it alone. I have seen sewer trout bigger (not ours) than a water hose nozzle come out of the dump valve. If I were to guess.....I bet it takes more than 40 normal flushes to fill the black tank. Maybe we should run a contest to find out how many flushes it really does take.

I can tell you we have a 45 gallon black tank. Our toilet holds a few drops over 3 gallons of water. You can do to math to figure how many toilet flushes (filled to the very top rim) it will take to fill the tank. Don't forget to include the tank pipe length. I have done it before and can tell you it will be 18-20 depending on how full you get the toilet. You can also turn on the built in tank flush (if your rig has one) and time it until it fills the tank. It will be 16-22 minutes. Don't lose track of time or your will have a mess to clean up (don't ask how I know). OP - if it is the sprayer built into the toilet you can buy a new spray head at Lowes or Home Depot. I had to replace mine when the original one broke.