Votes: 46 13.5%

Votes: 89 26.2%
  • 5 - highest level

Votes: 121 35.6%

• Total voters

v92c

Texan
Southwest RV/ Camping World Houston

I gave Southwest RV/ Camping World Houston a 1. The sale was OK, it went smooth but the Service Dept is beyond words. It has been a year since I bought my Bighorn, of course the warranty is up. And I still havent gotten everything fixed, it goes in for 6-8 weeks for repairs and waits on parts that they ordered 3-4 months earlier. From here on, I will fix the rest of the warranty repairs myself, not that I have much of a choice.

christianson

Nobels RV in Owatona, MN - 10

I would give my dealer a 10 also if the numbers went that high we bought from Nobels RV in Owatona MN the 3055 Bighorn was checked out and ready when they said it would spent 3 months in it in AZ this winter every thing worked perfect credit to a good job of predeilevery.

Last edited by a moderator:

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Colemans Country Campers in Hartford, IL - 5

I would have to give Colemans Country Campers in Hartford, Illinois(they have two in ILL.) a five so far, but reserve the right to change my mind, still under warranty.;) The salesman could not answer all my questions, but got the right people that could during our PDI. The repairs that I had fixed have been done to my satisfaction. The repairmen, seem quite knowledgeable and friendly, even when I was looking over there shoulder asking questions.:) I have a few more things for them to correct,so time will tell.
I was going to buy from Rv's for Less, there price was to close to pass up, considering a 35 min. drive instead of a 1000 mile plus round trip, fuel, days spent driving, etc. I talked to two other Heartland Owners there and they also was pleased so far with work done. Happy RVING--Ken

ruthjett

Middle GA Dealer Customer Support very poor

Our dealings with the dealer in Forsyth, GA were terrible. We were promised out camper for pickup on Saturday then they called and said could not get it until Tuesday. We dropped off our trade-in and our truck to have the hitch installed on Saturday with the intent that everything would be ready for pickup Tuesday as promised by the dealer. When we arrive Tuesday evening the truck was not ready and the our new camper was not ready either. No call from the dealer to save us a trip (45 miles one way) to let us know. Made a deal to come back the following day to pick up. The salesman did not have a clue as to how things operated on the camper. Told us the hot water heater switch was for the storage area heat. We pointed out problems that needed repair the first day and we are still waiting for those replacement parts two months later. They cannot keep help and have no one with any experience working there. I would not recommend this dealer to anyone and I believe that their lack of service will do Heartland an injustice. Heartland might think about trying to get another dealership to carry your line.

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
ExploreUSA in Kyle, TX - Good

I've had nothing but good from ExploreUSA in Kyle, TX. Even though I know I paid too much, I was way upside down on my trade-in, we worked a satisfactory deal on my Big Horn 3055. The service department has been top notch every time I've gone in. Nothing but good words for Tommy in sales, and Craig in service.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
So far our dealership, River City/Southern Oregon RV has been great. Once we got past a sticking point in the negotiations (the only reason for a 4 instead of a 5), the deal went well. They got our BH ready for us to pick up in time to use for a planned vacation even though it got to them several days later than expected and they had to install a 2nd battery and generator for us. They stuck around late on the day of delivery to make sure they didn't rush us through the pdi. They sent a tech to us in the campground during our first trip to fix the kitchen faucet leak that would have ruined our trip. It's not totally fixed, but it got through the trip and the "housecall" was a nice surprise.

Today we took the BH in for some warranty work, including the kitchen faucet, ladder replacement, ceiling fan rattle, fantastic fan thermostat problem, a couple of latches that need adjustment, check of the sat. TV wiring, check of heat ducts in the bath and BR, and check of a security light.

Besides the warranty work, we are also having a surge protector hardwired so we can worry less about damaging one of our work laptops in a campground somewhere. They said they would try to get everything done by the first to middle part of next week. If they pull that off, my score will probably go up to a 5.

BTW, for those thinking we have to have a lot of things fixed already, remember that our BH 3670RL is basically a house on wheels, with all of the complications that go into a house, and the problems caused by vibration and torque. We think our list is pretty short and the items pretty small considering all the things that could go wrong.:eek:

:D Update - score goes up to a 5! They did everything we asked and got it done on time and below the cost estimate for the surge protector installation. Good Job River City Service Dept.

Last edited:

vrugt

We used the dealer locater on the HeartlandRVs website to look for dealers close to our home in NY's Hudson valley. The locater suggested 3 "neighborhood" dealers all over 100 miles away. We contacted all 3 via the internet. A NH dealer responded that someone would contact us in the next 2 days. That never happened. The other 2, one in NJ and one in CT, didn't respond at all.

I kept searching for a dealer advertising the Bighorn 3600RL. RVPricebusters in OH kept popping up but the name didn't give me much confidence and Springfield is 600 miles away from home. The company didn't show up on the Heartland dealer list either , they had never heard of the company. The Springfield BBB had no record on the company but it was located at the same address as the Best Buy RVs company! Heartland confirmed that company as a dealer but told me I should have a local dealer and suggested one in Bath NY, only 300 miles away from my home...

When I contacted RVPricebusters for a price quote I got an immediate response. Even more surprising was their VERY competitive quote. On top of all of this Steve Johnson, RVPricebusters sales manager, was very nice and helpful. RVPricebusters is a subsidiary and internet branch of Best Buy RVs. Steve understands how business on the internet should be conducted. All my emails to him were answered within a few hours and believe me, we had a lot of communication going for many weeks. Steve never gets tired of answering questions, making suggestion and giving advice. So we bought our Bighorn from Steve.

When the Bighorn was available at the dealer we scheduled the delivery. We drove to Springfield and stayed in a motel while the dealer installed the hitch in our brand new 2008 F350 and we did the walk through. Everyone we worked with at Best Buy RVs was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. That night we took the Bighorn to a nearby RV park that Steve had recommended. We stayed there for 3 days checking and trying out everything. We went back to the dealer once for a minor problem.

Needless to say we rate RVpricebusters aka Best Buy RVs as a solid 5.

The Best Dealer by far in my openion is in Minnesota, They do a great job ttaking care og=f customerrrrrrs and making sure they are happy. I would rate my dealer 100+

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Dealer is a five

I give our dealer a five. We have bought our second 5er from them, Walker RV in OKC, and are well satisfied with their performance. They did make a couple mistakes in the ordering process but corrected them on time. They allowed us to inspect the rig before it was completely ready since my SIL was in town, and he's a stickler for details, and they corrected everything on our list. They swapped out our genny from our trade and installed a surge protector in conjunction with it so we are protected both ways, shore power and genny power. While they were working on our rig it reamained inside the shop and wasn't moved in or out to accommodate other rigs. I have several friends who deal with them and we all agree that the level of service and personal care atmosphere is outstanding.:) :) :) :) :)

cliffhanger

Sun City Trailers in Colorado Springs gets a 5 from me. When shopping, they answered all questions without hesitation. They even offered to bring in another model from the factory for us to compare with!

Pricing was upfront and competitive. They also offered competitive financing right away.

After the sale, took the trailer in for service and warranty work at the end of summer. They seem to have given me a realistic expectation of time. I even popped in unannounced on a saturday and saw them working on my trailer.

grizzlygiant

Lakeshore RV, Muskegon MI
As delivering dealer they did an average job of prep...missed a bad water connection which blew apart first night on the road and soaked the floor. Dealer installed options were grossly overpriced and poorly installed. Their price was very good and made the 2000 mile (each way) trip worthwhile..next time I would have local dealer install options.

crazybanshee

Del Camino RV Longmont, CO

When we purchased our rv it took them 3 days to prep it for delivery. Sales were freindly and helpful. Just got our fiver out of the shop today from warrranty work. They had it 3days and got all the work done with excellent results. Would recommend them. Doug

driver311

Request from rvsforless

They have a new web server and would like costumers of theres to contact them. They want comments to post on there sight.

There web sight is still rvsforless.net

driver311None None

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Best Buy RV in Springfield, OH (RVPriceBusters.com)...great sales experience, also used Steve Johnson...great working with him.

HOWEVER...the service was deplorable. Paid over $300 to have W/D moved from old unit to new, had to pull it out and do it all over. They didn't have a clue. Used jump wire from good speaker to bad one in bedroom instead of finding real problem. Basically had to redo everything they touched...wouldn't let them change the air in our tires! Life and Learn.

A

AEmedic

We find that our dealer is extremely slow to respond to us and lacks knowledge. I am currently deployed and my wife does most of the fact finding in person since I can't. It seems like they are almost making her force information out of them...

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I gave my dealer a 2 score. I can't fault the deal I made to buy the trailer, but their service sucks!!! If it hadn't been for Heartland's customer service after the sale, I would have given the dealer a -5.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
We bought from Explore USA RV in Kyle Tx. The company has 9 dealers in Texas and they are able to pass along good pricing. They also carry other high end units. We looked for several months before deciding on unit and dealer. When we did. Explore USA manager, Lance Stewart and salesman Josh nichols handled the entire transaction by e-mail and UPS. The company is very customer oriented and realize that a single bad comment is poison. We live 300 miles from them and they scheduled around us coming to pick-up. We have had 4 RVs previously and I never had a PDI walk-through as extensive and thorough. It took 4 hours with the service manager. EVERY item was checked. We had a switch-out of generator from our Doubletree to the Bighorn done at the Mesquite Tx store, and they are as efficient and competent. The shops are clean and large. I never heard the word "no" or "we can't do that" from any of them. We'll keep this one a few years and get another one from Explore USA in the future.

Taynton1

Tropical RV Ft. Pierce, FL

Great folks. I paid to much and they sold too cheap if you can figure that one out. Anyway, I bought the BC 3490 on Wednesday and left to go camping with it from the dealer on Saturday morning. Shower leaked and a few small items during the first trip. Each time I brought it for service it stayed quite a while (weeks) ( four weeks for a hydraulic slide line I could get local in 30 minutes) waitng for Heartland to send parts. Once the parts arrived it was back out within a couple of days, so Dealer 4 Heartland 1 on service department.

On the second trip shower still leaked and both latches on the master closet doors broke, light switch died. I asked dealer to check on overnight shipping as the parts could go in a small envelope. Heartlands reply, overnight is $50.00. This time parts only took 1 1/2 weeks, dealer time, one day. So, Dealer 5, Heartland 3. Heartland could have got a 4 or 5 if they would remember customers need service, overnight shipping is quick and cheap and markups are for parts not shipping.

We love our BC but hope the repairs stop and the Heartland customer care starts.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Freedom RV Slinger, WI

My wife and I had been looking and shopping for fith wheel and decided that the Bighorn 3400rl was the one. After looking at other dealers numbers, including on line sales we went to our local dealer Freedom RV in Slinger, WI and negotiated a price that everyone was happy with. Especially me. The deal was made, the order was placed. Delivery was on time, all options were in place, PDI was smooth and complete. As was expected there were some issues but nothing that wasn't expected, as I do read SOBs forums. All service was completed as needed and didn't waste a lot of time sitting on the lot waiting for parts or time to get at it. Again everthing was on time. Would I buy from them again? You bet. Would I give them the highest rating, 5? Absolutely!
Thanks to Jeff, Tim, Geno and Gary

Last edited:

dtomlinson

Green Star Trailers Rapid City Sd

My wife and I have been searching for the right fifth wheel and the best deal on one for a couple of years. We have been motorhomers for the past 32 years, but wanted to go to a modest sized fifthwheel that would fit inside out storage building. We narrowed the selection down to the Sundance 3200ES. We shopped all over the country and the "internet wholesalers", however, our local dealer GREEN STAR came close to the lowest price. Rick at Green Star was very helpful and low pressure and worked hard to get us just what we wanted. They had a 3200ES that was close to what we desired, except for color. He special ordered in one just what we wanted in less than a month and did a very nice job installing a rear hitch and 2 extra batteries in vented compartments. We have not had any problems, unit was delivered to us in excellant condition. We are very satisfied in our dealer GREEN STAR, and our salesman Rick.