Votes: 37 10.9%

Votes: 46 13.5%

Votes: 89 26.2%
  • 5 - highest level

Votes: 121 35.6%

• Total voters

LaurieK

Lakeshore RV Muskegon

We bought our Sundance from Lakeshore in May and felt that after the sale was complete, they didn't care if they heard from us again. No one even came out to see if we got it hooked up right and they didn't give us the warranty inventory sheet so we had to hassle them for it. The price seemed right but we won't take it there for warranty work.
Laurie

We were completely satisfied with Camping World RV in Wauconda, IL. We purchased our Big Country online and drove out there to trade. Our first weekend out we had a leak at the UDC fittings which we handled ourselves. So far, we have no complaints with the prep.
Our local St. Albans, VT dealer gets a -10 in our book; and the kicker: he warned us he would not service a rig purchased elsewhere. Guess we will head to NH for warranty repairs...

pslincs

Executive RV in Victorville, CA>>>>>0 on purchase, 0 on PDI 0 on all issues, sounds like some people have great dealers that honor the warranty near them, no in Los Angeles!..................

JimandSina

We bought from Camping world of Houston in Katy texas and I would rate them as such
Price 4+
Purchase Experience 3
Service 1

Detmer

We bought our 3210 from ExploreUSA Rv in Sequin,Texas. They have been very good through the entire experience. They even contacted me several weeks after the sale for a follow up.
I would highly recommend them.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
CW Katy Evaluation

Campers World Katy gets a 1 out of us. If it could be done wrong they did it that way with the exception of the Finance department. We are still waiting on the follow up / evaluation form they promised (since mid May '08) but then again they know our response because we have talked to just about everyone there. The BH is GREAT the dealer sucks ! !

jdcarp2001

I found the Camping World Colorado Springs dealer to be excellent. When I bought our 3055RL we were treated great, even though we were experienced RVers time was taken to make sure we did understand the differences from our 04 HR. All things identifed as not up to standard were fixed on the spot, we could only compliment the we were treated.

davelinde

We had a great experience with Durnell's aka RVWholesalers. All pre-sales work was done via phone and e-mail and they were prompt and accurate on all questions we asked. The PDI went well, though the people answering our PDI questions got a few minor details wrong (eg the purpose of the un-labeled red switch).

I've had two minor warranty issues - I described the problems via one e-mail and got replacement parts sent to me the following week.

For us, they turned out to be the perfect dealership, even though they are 700 miles away from our current home (not that it matters, the RV will spend more time on the road then near our home anyway).

ccd001

Dealership rating

I would have to give Great Escape RV Center in Gamaliel, Ar. a rating of 5.
They were so kind and caring went thru every detail on 2008 BH 3055.
I went 450 miles to get this camper and it was worth the trip. Well, my wife and I are loading the BH for a 10 day trip to Pigeon Forge, Tn. Man I
I sure love camping. Have a great day.
Clay & Linda Douglas
2007 Chev CC 3500HD
duramax/allison
2008 BH 3055

bigredtruck

John at Lakeshore RV in Muskegon MI gave us a great price and although sometimes hard to contact, got everything right on our unit. He gave us honest opinions on some of the options we ordered to ensure that we were happy and got our money's worth.
I am speaking on DH's behalf as I didn't get to go with him to pick up the Cyclone. He thought the staff at Lakeshore was great. He arrived in Muskegon only hours after the rig did, so I don't know if Lakeshore's own PDI would have been good or not as they didn't have time to do one. They assigned him 2 guys to do the PDI, and they addressed every concern with a smile. Our salesman was there when Brent got there and insisted he stay the night to make sure everything worked. Unfortunately, the following day was his day off so Brent didn't get to see him again. The only thing they couldn't address was an upholstery problem but it wasn't for lack of trying. Brent had to get home so couldn't wait the weekend for a new couch. Luckily, we have an upholsterer in the family so it won't be a problem to fix, as Lakeshore is 2500 miles away. The only disappointnment has been that we have had no followup call to see how things are. But we saved a whole whack of money buying from Lakeshore RV. We have since learned that it may be difficult to find someone to do warranty work, however the money we saved will go a long way toward that. We would buy from them again.

Fire123

I found my dream RV, North Trail 28 BHS, at the annual Travel show here in Omaha, Neb. When I picked up my RV at the dealer, Sealand Marine and RV, the next week, everything seemed fine. The RV service manager did a nice walk around and transferred the WDH from my old camper to the new. He told us that him and two other techs were from other reputable RV dealers in the area. Made me feel confident in my purchase. But as I was walking around the showroom, there was not one RV accessory. It was all boat stuff. Sort of made me wonder.
A few months later, I stopped by the dealer to have a few cabinet knobs replaced that broke. The same service manager went to a camper in the lot (only 4 out there) and removed the knobs from them so I didn't have to wait. He then pulled me off to the side to caution me that himself and the other two techs were leaving because Sealand was not dedicated to selling AND servicing RV's.
Last month, I was in the local Camping World and ran into that service manager. He will personally work on my RV when I take it in there for some warranty work next month.
Wonder if Heartland needs to make periodic visits to all dealers to make sure their product is getting taken care of.

sandman

richardsons rv riverside ca- 0

I bought my sundance from richardsons rv in riverside and i can say ther arethe worst i have ever delt with. They did nothing right they lied they did rotten work and once they got are money they wanted nothing more to to with us could go on for an hour more but ill stop here.:mad::mad::mad:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would rate my dealer (Collier RV) at a 4. They've been good at taking care of problems but as Rugrat said when they tell you they know about problems why don't they fix it or check it right away. They check a new Rv prior to delivery to you so take care of the problems.

That Landmark in the picture sure looks like a Montana LOL:)

Clark

Reichart's RV Hanover, PA

I rate Reichart's a 5

Willing to work with me at the sales end.
No questions asked attitude for warrenty work in the maintanence end.

Clark

My Dealer

I gave mine a 4, I was happy with the way I was treated with my dealer. We were replacing a trailer we lost after our trip to Mt Rushmore on th 4th of July. We looked at a lot of trailers and our insurance wanted to get us into another Kodiak Trailer, After we find the 31QBS we were able to get our new trailer for less than the old one. The price we got was from a dealer in Elk Hart IN. After getting the approval to go with the North Trail I call our local dealer and said heres what we can get it for and it has these options that I want. Give me your best price. They came within 600. dollars and I did not have to go get it and I have a local dealer. The only draw back I had was my salesman found out after he quoted our deal that it was going to run them a extra 400 dollars what the new upgrades, Diamond plate and water heat I guess. I just got tiered of him say I don't know what we are going to do about that extra cost. I finally told him that we had a contract and they would not make as much as they may have wanted. Once that was said all was good again. I hope one day to upgrade to a 5er and I will work with the same dealer if they can match th best deal I find.
Long post but thats my deal, Or should I say Dealer
Gary

kblasdel

Avalon RV Sales Ohio - 4

So far so good with our dealer, however we haven't had much experience with them. Just the negotiation process. However, there was some misinformation going around and they lowballed us on the trade value of our old RV. When the sales manager found out the info they had was wrong, they gave us a fair value. Then they matched a really good price we had gotten from a competitor for installation of our Pull rite Super Slide hitch. I think Scott Miller (sales mgr) is really trying to make up for the bad start with us.:eek:

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Camping World - Houghton Lake MI

Just got a sales flyer yesterday from CW in Houghton Lake and I was pleased to see that Bighorns and Sundances are being sold at that dealership.

I came close to buying SOB from this firm, formerly called Burnside, and appreciated the salesman's honesty, and that of his boss when I had mentioned that I had been to the Heartland factory and they told me that they felt that the Heartland units were superior to those on their lot.

I had a seasonal campground right behind the dealership at Sandy Oaks, so I was a frequent visitor there.

Based upon my past experiences and the prices that I saw the two makes being offered, they are well worth consideration.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Marty (sandman), dont feel like the "Lone Ranger" about Richardsons. Never fixed anything and keep it a month. I brought it home and fixed it myself. BTW, you can ask UNCLE ROG about Richardsons, if you can stand the yelling. See you next weekend. Bob:D:D:eek:

sandman

BOB, thats what i did i just fixed it mysef it was much easier than fighting them and have to bring it home and fix it myself, take , seya next week

marty & theresa

KiwiRV

RVs for Less, Knoxville TN

We bought our Heartland 5er from "RVs for Less" in July and rate their service as excellent. Butch and Karen and their team were all nice folk, helpful and great to deal with.
We communicated with several dealerships via email and although their very good price wasn't the lowest we felt happier closing a deal with them.
Butch and Karen went the extra mile with their welcome after a long flight and also helped liase with a GM dealer to get us a truck, then get the hitch etc installed. Also a few modifications to the trailer were done to a very high standard.
Never having towed a big trailer, they gave us good advice and took us out on the road for a lesson. We then hit the road for an amazing vacation.
Nearly a month later we had to get a front jack issue sorted and they got that fixed with no hassles.None

We are back in NewZealand now and are eagerly wating for the rig to arrive on a ship.