Power (12 or 110 Volt) Issue

Rdsharp

We just parked last night at my sister's house. This morning we are not getting 12volt power. ?? We can not run the fridge while traveling?? We have tried everything we can think of? Any suggestions on what to try??? HELP...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re: 12 Volt Power

Check the breakers first. Make sure your battery connections I know that sounds obvious but unless you have batteries even hooked up to power you can't runb12 volt. Check your power inverter also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rdsharp

We checked the inverter? Is the reset button on the bottom of the inverter? We have a Landmark?? We checked the breakers? Still nothing??

Most of the inverters have a small reset button on them somewhere

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

RDsStudio59

Did you check the battery disconnect switch to see if it got bumped to the off position somehow? Usually located on basement storage front wall.

Rdsharp

Ok, so all of our lights work, but or plug ins do not. Still can not run the fridge???

Oregon_Camper

OK...so you are plugged into power at your sisters house...right?

Are you sure you didn't pop the house breaker? Most house outlets are 15/20amps and a trailer can overload those.

Next...when plugged into the house, can you hear the converter running (small fan noise)

Next...with trailer unplugged from house...do the lights work? If so..do they get brighter when someone plugs in the trailer to the house power?

Do you have a volt meter? Can you test the battery/batteries with shore power disconnected?

Finally...double..triple check the reset button on your 12v bus bar. (shown below)
Capture.jpg

Rdsharp

We will check that reset. We c.f. are no longer plugged in, are on the road. The lights all work without being plugged in. Everything worked fine while plugged in, it's when we unplugged that the problems started. We will check reset and see if that helps at all... TY

Oregon_Camper

We will check that reset. We c.f. are no longer plugged in, are on the road. The lights all work without being plugged in. Everything worked fine while plugged in, it's when we unplugged that the problems started. We will check reset and see if that helps at all... TY

Outlets will only work when you're plugged into shore power.

The exception to this is the outlet for your refrigerator, it runs off a small inverter (making 120v from 12v battery). However, the problem with these inverters is they will drain your battery in about 24hrs. Even while plugged into your truck, as the truck can supply enough amps to compensate for the inverters usage to keep refrigerator running.

danemayer

So let's try to de-mystify:

• 120V outlets will only work when plugged into shore power or if running the generator (if you have one)
  • 12V DC interior and exterior lights will work when not plugged into shore power, if your batteries have a charge, and if the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker near the batteries hasn't tripped. See picture below.
  • 12V DC interior and exterior lights will work when plugged into shore power, whether you have a charged battery or not, as long as your Power Converter is working.
  • The auto leveling system and slideouts need good batteries to work correctly. If your batteries are depleted, they may not work correctly even when plugged into shore power.
  • The residential refrigerator will work on 120V AC when plugged into shore power.
  • The residential refrigerator should work on 12V DC when you unplug shore power, IF the inverter for the refrigerator has been turned ON. There's a control for this in your control panel. See picture below.
  • There can be some circumstances where you need to reset the GFCI outlet on the inverter in order for it to work on 12V DC. This has to be done at the inverter. See picture below.

We have 2 user guides that may be helpful if none of this helps. First, there's a Residential Refrigerator Guide. Second, for general 12V DC problems, there's a 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide.

You should read through the Residential Refrigerator Guide to understand how it's powered and what you have to do to keep it running.

Attachments

• circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 53
  • inverter remote switch crop.jpg
    inverter remote switch crop.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 48
  • GFCI Outlet Reset.jpg
    GFCI Outlet Reset.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 51

Rdsharp

Thank you so much... We will check all of these. The GFCI was tripped and we reset that, but have not tried the other breakers. This was very helpful with the pictures!!! 😊

wdk450

I believe your symptoms fit the 12 volt converter to battery circuit breaker being tripped. With this being tripped, 12 volt power is only available to your lights, refrig and other 12 volt fusepanel loads when the trailer is plugged in and the converter/charger supplying the 12 volt power. With the breaker tripped power from the battery (when you are unplugged) is not available. Landing gear and other loads directly connected to the 12 volt bussbar WILL work, though.

See: https://manuals.heartlandowners.org..._Buss_Bar/Heartland/12V diagram and notes.pdf

Rdsharp

I think so too. We are stopping in a few and we will try that breakers...

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Resetting that little black button on the circuit breaker in the pictures​ Dan posted Should solve your problem.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rdsharp

Ok we are finally at an RV park, we plugged in everything works. Put if we unplug NOTHING WORKS... We did not hear the inverter kick.on when we unplugged?? What are the thoughts now??