PowerKing Tow Max Tires (Dynamic Tire Corp}

Grey Ghost

I beg you all to remove these inferior products from your expensive rigs. If you have followed this string thread for any length of time you certainly have come across some of my posts regarding this process of dealing with Dynamic Tire Corp out of Canada and their inferior Chinese made junk. I also blame Heartland for putting this junk on rigs we pay good money to purchase. Just not right that they put such JUNK on our rigs and then ask us to show off their product.
I just received word back today, after three weeks, from Dynamic Tire that after careful review?? I can only hope there so called experts have these tires on their rigs! Anyhow, they found it to be user error that caused the blow out. Yes, I agree, user error for not insisting that the dealer replace the inferior tires with something more reliable. That was my error! They stated that I must have ran the tires either over or under inflated thus causing the damage to my trailer. I dare them! :mad: I ck my tires before we leave from the campground to make sure they have 80 lbs of pressure as stated on the side of the tire. I don't enjoy sitting along side the road in 104 temps and changing a tire. I dare them! I strongly urge everyone that owns a rig that has Power King Tires on their rigs to write them and Heartland to let them know just how strong our group of owners can be. I dare them. Oh, they made a good faith effort by offering me $500.00 to sign a safe and harmless agreement. **** that doesn't cover the $1400 in damages to the trailer and the $800 of new Michelin rubber I put on the rig, not even close. I'm not going to win this argument so I might as well take the $500 and be thankful I got that much out of them. I'm so angry right now I best stop or I will say something and this thread will not be submitted. Please let Dynamic Tire and Heartland know that we keep them in business by purchasing their product, that too could change it they don't change their practice of placing poor material on they're overly expensive rigs! Sorry for the length of this, but I just had to get it out of my system. :mad::mad::mad:

DSCN2060.jpgDSCN2060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

scottyb

I share your anguish. Although I changed mine before towing my rig anywhere, I am still PO'd about having to spend $2200 (6 tires) on a new rig. I could have bought the Magnum inverter/charger I want and 4 6V batteries with that money.

DesertThumper

I feel the same. But we have not replaced ours yet. My wife said no more spending. Fine, then no traveling. Go plug in the trailer power into the wall in the garage and I will put some pink flamingos outside for you to look outside the window.

DesertThumper

I beg you all to remove these inferior products from your expensive rigs. If you have followed this string thread for any length of time you certainly have come across some of my posts regarding this process of dealing with Dynamic Tire Corp out of Canada and their inferior Chinese made junk. I also blame Heartland for putting this junk on rigs we pay good money to purchase. Just not right that they put such JUNK on our rigs and then ask us to show off their product.
I just received word back today, after three weeks, from Dynamic Tire that after careful review?? I can only hope there so called experts have these tires on their rigs! Anyhow, they found it to be user error that caused the blow out. Yes, I agree, user error for not insisting that the dealer replace the inferior tires with something more reliable. That was my error! They stated that I must have ran the tires either over or under inflated thus causing the damage to my trailer. I dare them! :mad: I ck my tires before we leave from the campground to make sure they have 80 lbs of pressure as stated on the side of the tire. I don't enjoy sitting along side the road in 104 temps and changing a tire. I dare them! I strongly urge everyone that owns a rig that has Power King Tires on their rigs to write them and Heartland to let them know just how strong our group of owners can be. I dare them. Oh, they made a good faith effort by offering me $500.00 to sign a safe and harmless agreement. **** that doesn't cover the $1400 in damages to the trailer and the $800 of new Michelin rubber I put on the rig, not even close. I'm not going to win this argument so I might as well take the $500 and be thankful I got that much out of them. I'm so angry right now I best stop or I will say something and this thread will not be submitted. Please let Dynamic Tire and Heartland know that we keep them in business by purchasing their product, that too could change it they don't change their practice of placing poor material on they're overly expensive rigs! Sorry for the length of this, but I just had to get it out of my system. :mad::mad::mad:

View attachment 26692View attachment 26692

Grey Ghost,

Are you checking your pressure when it is cold PSI and traveling at the recommended speed of 55MPH? Just curious.

GOTTOYS

Grey Ghost,

Are you checking your pressure when it is cold PSI and traveling at the recommended speed of 55MPH? Just curious.
Really??? The recommended speed limit is 65 not 55, he said he was checking the pressure in them and I believe him. I hope you aren't saying this in defense of this cheap junk. There have been several reports of some of these tires exploding as they are sitting unused on the spare tire mount. Do you think these were checked cold and not driven over 55mph while attached to the spare tire mount?? The sooner people get rid of this junk and put some quality tires on the better..Don

dbbls59

I caught mine before they blew but three of the four had cord or belt separation. They had about 5000 miles on them. Replaced with Sailun 637 G rate tires.

Lynn1130

DesertThumper-I suggest that you take time and read all of the threads concerning these tires. That may satisfy your curiosity. Most of us who have experienced the tire failure and damage will tell you that 1. Tire pressure was checked and rechecked. 2. speed limits were followed (65 not 55) and 3. Most if not all of these failures took place with very low mileage on the rig (mine was about 3K miles). The damage to mine came to $1800 not including 4 new tires.

Attachments

• IMG_8372.jpg
    IMG_8372.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 71
  • photoB.JPG
    photoB.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 65

kowAlski631

. Most of us who have experienced the tire failure and damage will tell you that 1. Tire pressure was checked and rechecked. 2. speed limits were followed (65 not 55) and 3. Most if not all of these failures took place with very low mileage on the rig

Ditto x 3! Our tires all had sidewall failure with softball sized "bubbles" forming. We always run with our tire monitoring system in place, as everyone with these tires on should. We are upgrading.

VideoGuy3

Same problem here. Two tires had tread separation around 6,000 miles. I caught it before they let go. Tracked pressure and temp constantly (TPMS) and did not exceed 65 mph. Unfortunately, Heartland refused to get involved with the importer. Maybe they should offer special pricing and the buyer does his own warranty work. Replaced the tires with GY G614's. They run much cooler. Additionally neither Heartland nor any of the other trailer manufacturers I'm aware of balance the tires before leaving their facility. Not only the resulting vibrations cause problems with the tires but can play havoc with the entire suspension system as well as possible water leaks, etc.

ramdually4100king

I feel the same. But we have not replaced ours yet. My wife said no more spending. Fine, then no traveling. Go plug in the trailer power into the wall in the garage and I will put some pink flamingos outside for you to look outside the window.

+1 except for the temecula rally. Which I have told my wife if we blow a tire I am turning around and coming home.

DesertThumper

DesertThumper-I suggest that you take time and read all of the threads concerning these tires. That may satisfy your curiosity. Most of us who have experienced the tire failure and damage will tell you that 1. Tire pressure was checked and rechecked. 2. speed limits were followed (65 not 55) and 3. Most if not all of these failures took place with very low mileage on the rig (mine was about 3K miles). The damage to mine came to $1800 not including 4 new tires.

Hi lynn and thanks for your suggestion. I did read hours of tire problems on multiple threads here. I asked two questions and the violin comes out. Why? I guess all I'm doing is finding more details out. That's all. I am an ex mechanic for several years. My current job is in technology as an infrastructure engineer. I troubleshoot everything. This one with tires seem like heartland is the company to go address this with. I have never seen so much drama with these tires and also owners spending money and not thinking out the box with having them fix the problems they gave to us. Why not put all the tire issues and failure reports together and send to heartland. Everyone here needs to think forward. We all could loose each other on the highway. Not cool at all. It's not that we don't want to buy replacement tires, were looking at the principles. Is this a recall issue? Thats where i am at looking at the pattern of issues and seeing many of you with a death sentence of tire failure. Again, why fix there mistakes. Is it your fault that the tire blew and you did everything correct. Do you have a witness to your tire failure and tire expert report? You have receipts? Then there you go. I'm frustrated with hearing everyone suffer. Lets figure this out together.

TedS

As was suggested in another thread about tire failures, begin by reporting your failures to NHTSA. Get the government safety agency involved to force a recall.

Lynn1130

I don't think this it is violins, I think that most of us are just putting the facts out for consideration.

Here is something to consider; car, truck, and trailer manufacturers do not make tires therefore if you have a tire problem it is much like having a problem with your trailer air conditioner. You have to work that out with Dometic or whomever that company is. Heartland only puts the tires on. I will reserved comment on that fact. Tire replacement and trailer damage must be taken up with, in this case, Dynamic Tire in Ontario. I did that, we worked it out, I cannot say more than that.

Now, if you want to go through the hoops with a federal agency to try to get something done, good luck, I wish you the best. I do however agree that if we as consumers continue to accept vehicles with suspected defective anything on them shame on us. Unfortunately most of us bought without knowing. Those doing research here before buying have a chance to change that problem. And they should.

A final thought. Most of us who own this class trailer are owners because we like better quality. We tend to over care for our equipment, and worry when maintenance is not done properly so while a question about checking tire pressure might be reasonable, it is in most cases a moot point with this crowd. No one is whining we just think when the car, truck or trailer manufacturer is made aware of an issue they should address it.

PS:Amazing how many typos I can find after I post something.

DesertThumper

This is Al's wife, Lisa, and I'd like to chime in here on this thread. We haven't even taken our brand new trailer out yet because of all this hoopla over the type and brand of tires installed on it. It's obvious that everyone on the Heartland site, for the most part, is experienced with owning a trailer and understands the basics, so to speak, when it comes to checking all the components of the unit, including the tires. So, since everyone seems to be in the same boat, why don't we take our frustrations and turn them into a positive movement to get Heartland and/or the tire manufacturer to make some changes? Responsibility is two-fold here. Obviously Heartland does not make the tires, but they have entered into a business relationship with the tire manufacturer to install the tires on their vehicles, so they need to be held accountable for their selection of vendors. On the other side, if Dynamic Tire Corp (or whatever name they are going by) is manufacturing a less than perfect product, then they need to be held accountable for improving it. Which avenue is better than the other? I say try to force a change by expressing our concerns directly to both entities. This way, either Heartland will decide to use a different tire vendor for their vehicles or Dynamic Tire will beef up the quality of their product. All of us here have spent good money on our RVs, so why should we feel that we have to replace the tires, and spend additional money, when the RV should have come with reliable and safe components in the first place? As for us, we're not taking our trailer out because we're afraid of blowing a tire. Do we take a chance and see what happens, or do we shell out more money to put on new tires? Not a great feeling to have after you've financed a luxury RV. I found a website, www.safercar.gov, where consumers can submit complaints about tires. There are complaints on the site concerning the Power King Tow Max tires. I would think it would be a good idea for all of the members on this site, who have experienced problems, to submit a complaint. The more complaints received, the better the chance of a recall. There's no guarantee a recall will occur, but it's important our voices be heard and it's one step in the right direction. Sharing experiences and venting on this site is educational for other members who may not know about these potential problems, but it's not necessarily going to promote a change. I hope no one takes offense to my post, as I am only attempting to put a different spin on a frustrating situation that everyone is concerned about.

kowAlski631

I believe the primary purpose of this owners forum is to share our experiences & to give warnings about potential for harm as has been experienced.

We use & enjoy our BH everyday as we are full timers currently traveling across country. We are replacing our tires. I suggest everyone does so.

pegmikef

I was one of the lucky ones as I got over 12K miles out of the tires before I had a blowout and yes the tire looked very good, was not exhibiting wear and had the correct pressure. The one thing I notice (and was pointed out to me by the roadside service guy) was that the tire rating was the almost the minimum for the weight of the trailer. My trailer was just under 9000 pounds and had D rated tires. I replaced them with E rated tires for a little margin of safety. Having learned my lesson, I ordered our BH with G rated Goodyear 614s and just received my TPMS for it. Blowouts are NOT fun.

GOTTOYS

This is Al's wife, Lisa, and I'd like to chime in here on this thread. We haven't even taken our brand new trailer out yet because of all this hoopla over the type and brand of tires installed on it. It's obvious that everyone on the Heartland site, for the most part, is experienced with owning a trailer and understands the basics, so to speak, when it comes to checking all the components of the unit, including the tires. So, since everyone seems to be in the same boat, why don't we take our frustrations and turn them into a positive movement to get Heartland and/or the tire manufacturer to make some changes? Responsibility is two-fold here. Obviously Heartland does not make the tires, but they have entered into a business relationship with the tire manufacturer to install the tires on their vehicles, so they need to be held accountable for their selection of vendors. On the other side, if Dynamic Tire Corp (or whatever name they are going by) is manufacturing a less than perfect product, then they need to be held accountable for improving it. Which avenue is better than the other? I say try to force a change by expressing our concerns directly to both entities. This way, either Heartland will decide to use a different tire vendor for their vehicles or Dynamic Tire will beef up the quality of their product. All of us here have spent good money on our RVs, so why should we feel that we have to replace the tires, and spend additional money, when the RV should have come with reliable and safe components in the first place? As for us, we're not taking our trailer out because we're afraid of blowing a tire. Do we take a chance and see what happens, or do we shell out more money to put on new tires? Not a great feeling to have after you've financed a luxury RV. I found a website, www.safercar.gov, where consumers can submit complaints about tires. There are complaints on the site concerning the Power King Tow Max tires. I would think it would be a good idea for all of the members on this site, who have experienced problems, to submit a complaint. The more complaints received, the better the chance of a recall. There's no guarantee a recall will occur, but it's important our voices be heard and it's one step in the right direction. Sharing experiences and venting on this site is educational for other members who may not know about these potential problems, but it's not necessarily going to promote a change. I hope no one takes offense to my post, as I am only attempting to put a different spin on a frustrating situation that everyone is concerned about.
I don't believe Dynamic is the manufacturer, they are the distributor. Heartland does offer a choice of tires. If you are willing to spend more money they will install Goodyear G614 tires which are proven to be a much better choice. This will make our cost of the trailer higher and when a manufacturer is in a position to compete with other manufacturers that most likely use the same Tow Max tire as most do this will give the others an advantage price wise. In reality Tow Max tires are often adequate. Even if you have a blow out it generally doesn't result in a life threatening situation. The tire goes flat...the end. There are no passengers involved, you don't lose the ability to steer or stop, you pull off the road and change the tire. If the trailer is of lighter weight and the usage is primarily short trips they probably work fine. Your trailer was delivered from the manufacturer to your dealer with them and they made it as have thousands of others. If you are waiting to use your trailer because you want the manufacturer to include better quality tires for it, you have a long wait because something like this won't happen overnight. Take it and use it. If it blows a tire, deal with it. I changed mine out because I put a lot of miles on each year and sometimes travel at or near the speed limit. Keep in mind there are NO other ST tire choices that are much better without spending a lot more money. Many people are perfectly happy with the tires it was delivered with. I wasn't one of them. JMHO..Don

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Heartland now offers the 17.5" Wheels with the Goodyear G114 tires for the higher end and heavier Landmarks and soon the Bighorns as well. I am sure that they recognize the problems with the tires and are creating ways to offer other tires at an increased price. They still offer the Towmax tires for the base price, but with all the problems with these tires they will probably not keep putting them on their trailers at all. But its up to all of us to post our tire failures with the NHTSA to give them the true statistics to make that choice. It comes down to simple math. If the tires have more documented failures than other similarly priced tires they will switch. The problem is that when we have failures and they go unreported, statistically Towmax tires still look good on paper.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
"This will make our cost of the trailer higher and when a manufacturer is in a position to compete with other manufacturers that most likely use the same Tow Max tire as most do this will give the others an advantage price wise."

Yes, I think this is the main reason the tires have not changed. If Heartland's trailers are $1500 to $2000 higher, and the "eye candy" is equivalent to the competitors, price will quite possibly drive someone to buy another brand. Most new buyers probably assume that tires are the last thing they need to worry about.

Every one of us who have had tire issues found the money after our trailer purchase to put better tires on, because it suddenly became the MOST IMPORTANT THING TO WORRY ABOUT.

I've often wondered if Heartland could find a way to make the better tire choice a "forced option", and promote themselves as "The manufacturer that's #1 in TIRE SAFETY".

((HINT HINT!))