PPS and door locks

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
An update to my magical door locks.

The truck still locked itself with the PPS sensors removed.

The dealer cleared out the old program and reloaded it in what ever computer controls all this stuff. That was 2 weeks ago just before we left for Fla. So far we have had no untimely door lockings.

Amazing how when you have the right information, the service manager suddenly knows how to repair the problem.

Last edited:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Larry, you might want to check with another dealer. I have found that not all dealers are created equal. Maybe find one that doesn't have his mouth full of biscuits and gravy.
Netem,

Did you see where Larry is from?? He's a Southern Boy. All good ole southern boys have their mouths full of biscuits and gravy!:D Wouldn't do him any good to go to another southern boy dealer. He'd still have the same problem:D:D

Delaine and Lindy

Door Locks...

Larry its strange but the same thing happened to my sister in-law. She left the keys in the truck and about 20' from the Truck she heard it lock itself. Of course I told my wife thats not possible, we have had several GM Trucks and never had a issue like that. So I guess it did happen. And for some unknown reason the On-Star couldn't locate the Truck, but after going to get the extra set of keys On-Star did finally unlock the Truck. Its kinda weird were we live sometimes On-Star want work in theat area??? Good to know they can fix the problem. GBY...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Some habits pay off. I never leave my keys in a vehicle. I stop, keys come out and get clipped to my belt loop (those little carabiners are great). Even at a fuel pump, I pull them. When I go to the fire station, I clip them onto the small gear bag I always take with me on the rig.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
John,

I had to learn that habit but I dont like it. Very rarely did I ever take the keys out of the truck except when I am near Keith. You gotta watch him. He keeps going through my truck looking for biscuits and muttering something like ho-ho-ho.

And at least On Star knew where my truck was the first couple of times.

2010augusta

Y'all need to get Fords... I got a nice little key pad on the drivers door, enter a nice 5 digit code and voila doors are unlocked, no need to call onstar or a locksmith, just put in the code and I am back in, That way I can leave the engine idling when I run in to a rest area, or campground office.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Uh-Oh Alan! You just opened that Ford, Chevy, Dodge can of worms:eek::rolleyes:...(However, I agree with you. It's sure nice to just punch in the 5 digit code:D)

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Uh-Oh Alan! You just opened that Ford, Chevy, Dodge can of worms:eek::rolleyes:...(However, I agree with you. It's sure nice to just punch in the 5 digit code:D)

What you mean everyone doesn't have that neat little key pad on the driver's door??:eek: I love locking the door when I'm only going to be a couple minutes, leaving the truck running. :)

2010augusta

What you mean everyone doesn't have that neat little key pad on the driver's door??:eek: I love locking the door when I'm only going to be a couple minutes, leaving the truck running. :)

I wonder how much longer Ford has the exclusive patent on that item. It has been around for a while, so I am sure that others can/will start having them soon.