Prayers for a Heartland family member

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Please say some prayers for Kathy and Dave Tyler, Kathy was admitted to the hospital a few days ago in Lubbock, and they are still doing tests to find out what is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

All,

Just heard from Dave Tyler,

The doctors determined Kathy has a problem with an artery behind her eye, and is going into emergency surgery now. (3pm Fri.)

Please say a prayer for them, and the doctors.

Dave approved this message.

TravelTiger

Dave said Docs said the artery in the eye was not the problem. Keep praying they find the issue.

Ted_Dee

Dave and Kathy our thoughts and prayers are with you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Ted_Dee

Dave and Kathy our thoughts and prayers are with you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Update from Dave:

Saturday, last week, started with trip to Lubbock to JoAnns, Costco, fuel up, Sams, and so forth. About hour after getting flu sho, HD for over 65. Kathy got a headache. A week to the hour I am typing this. Update: Three doctors just came in, brain guys, Neuroligists. Still not sure AFTER mri, mra AND mrv. Still hit and miss. One thing these doctors doesn't have a sense of humor. As I might have told you, I asked if this means she{Kathy} will not be able to mow on Monday?? Let alone go camping on Wednesday to Lake Brownwood.

All I can say is that we appreciate all your prayers!! Not but One Guy, so hoprfully the connection will get there sometime. She beat cancer, she can beat a headache!!!

As I type this on Bertas computer the sweat or something is getting on the keys. Thanks again to all and please continue to put a few words in for Kathy. Much appreciated. Think they have a Mass here at 4 pm. May go, will ask priest if it counts for tomorrow.

To be politically correct, I Dave Tyler, approve this message!!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Update from Dave:

About hour after getting flu sho, HD for over 65. Kathy got a headache. A week to the hour I am typing this.

Update:

Three doctors just came in, brain guys, Neuroligists. Still not sure AFTER mri, mra AND mrv. Still hit and miss.

Our thoughts are with you guys and hope everything works out OK.

Six years ago next month I had experienced the worst headache of my life . . . I was 50 at the time.

We thought it was side effects from an antibiotic that we eventually found out I was allergic to.

As it turned out, the moment that headache started . . . I had a stroke!

They called it a bleeding stroke, which was caused by a sudden surge in my blood pressure (was 228/129 when I was admitted to the ICU - almost 24 hours after I had the stroke).

TravelTiger

Update: this afternoon, the doctors said they believe she had Shingles behind her eye.

Although not good news, at least they can treat her accordingly.

TravelTiger

Update from Dave Sept 25th:

The doctors said this AM that they think for sure Kathy has shingles behind her eye on the left side. I asked "How sure"? He said 89%. How he got that is beyond me. So, once they found the problem and they can't do anything, time to check out. So we are out of hospital staying at Tony's(friend) place in Lubbock waiting on the eye doctors to open up and try to get in.

Enough of the stories, we can not begin to tell you all how much we appreciate each and every one of you and your friends, church buddies and so forth. We are truly blessed to have all the folks praying, their prayer groups and so forth. It seems that prayers were kinda answered, at least we know what it is. 89% anyway. Kathy is somewhat resting, still in pain, no morphine now so still hurts, eye and blisters look ick, I'm afraid to get too close.

The good news is that her dogs were glad to see her and I did get sat dish from travel trailer and did get going, with current locals and now can watch Fox News but missed NASCAR today. Tomorrow will be a good day! We love you guys! Thanks again!

Ted_Dee

Dave, you didn't miss much from the race. I am 89% sure your driver didn't win. Neither did mine. Glad to hear Kathy is doing better. Our best to both of you.

TravelTiger

Latest update from Dave:

"Plan on going home tomorrow. Kathy went to eye doctor today. He opened closed eye and vision was fair. Still pain but hope to get better soon. Walking some without walker. Dogs sleeping with Kathy now."