Probably a Dumb Question But...

Jhuff8181

Do the batteries charge when hooked up to shore power? When I disconnect from shore power should I expect things like lights and landing gear to run off the batteries? Thanks.

Pizzaguy

Yes. Everything 12v will work while unplugged from shore power

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

danemayer

Hi JHuff8181,

You can operate without shore power for a while. Depends how much power you're drawing. LED lights don't take much. The refrigerator and water heater, even when running on 12V and LP will draw down your battery in a few days. Running the furnace will drain the battery pretty quickly. If you have a residential refrigerator, you might get 14 hours - less if running the furnace.

Jhuff8181

Well that leads me to my next question. Nothing is working when I unplug. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to flip a switch or something to switch over to 12V?

danemayer

There's a 12V mini-circuit breaker in-between the battery and the interior wiring. If it's tripped, you'll lose all internal 12V systems when you unplug shore power. When tripped, the battery will not get charged by the power converter, so even after resetting, you may not have all the power you normally would.

I've attached a picture of the breaker, usually located on a buss-bar near the battery. The reset button is teeny-tiny and very hard to see. Sometimes it's easier to feel for it.

For a more complete explanation, take a look at our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 73
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 55

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Do the batteries charge when hooked up to shore power? When I disconnect from shore power should I expect things like lights and landing gear to run off the batteries? Thanks.

In the new Ashland you do need to turn on the inverter for the refrigerator. The switch is located in the panel area in the hallway. Everything else that just runs on 12 volts should work if the batteries are charged.

Fred

dieseldogsdad

Did you find the problem? I do not have any lights when I unplug shore power but my slides and hydraulic jacks work. I will have to look for this breaker.