Problem solved with floor and counters........

RanCarr

What we did to stop the feeling of falling or leaning toward the counters/sink/sofa. Not wanting our TT ripped up and "fixed," we now use the level on the floor instead of the counters. I made Heartland aware of the problem so they can talk to the builders of the TTs to make sure the counter-tops are level to the floor. :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the report. I think in general, we level to the floor as well. It's kind of an averaging thing, trying to get the best of all situations. My little peeve is having cabinet doors swing closed while I'm trying to put things away. I just have to remember, It's a camper...I'll get over it.:cool:

brlr2000

I agree. All you can do is get it close. Average between counter, stovetop, freezer, floor... The final test is watching the doors to see if they open or close by themselves.

RanCarr

Thanks for the report. I think in general, we level to the floor as well. It's kind of an averaging thing, trying to get the best of all situations. My little peeve is having cabinet doors swing closed while I'm trying to put things away. I just have to remember, It's a camper...I'll get over it.:cool:

That feeling of leaning or somehow tipping over was disconcerting. We hardly notice the counter tops not being dead level,... but the floor! Good grief, it wasn't off all that much but to me it seemed like inches. We've had no problems now for awhile with the RV and have enjoyed camping for weeks at a time this summer. I did find cushions at Old Time Pottery to cover the flattened ones in the NT. Not a perfect fit, but they'll do. :)

RanCarr

I agree. All you can do is get it close. Average between counter, stovetop, freezer, floor... The final test is watching the doors to see if they open or close by themselves.

Now that we're going by the floor, the bathroom door stays where we put it instead of opening all the time. :) Happily, the cabinet doors have always stayed where put while putting things away.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Now that you've found level via the floor, might it be possible to shim the counter tops to align them with the floor? I'm not sure how your counter tops are attached to the cabinet bases, or how far out of level they may be, but it's something to consider.

RanCarr

Now that you've found level via the floor, might it be possible to shim the counter tops to align them with the floor? I'm not sure how your counter tops are attached to the cabinet bases, or how far out of level they may be, but it's something to consider.

Since the counters in question are on the slide, we wont mess with them. And being not dead level, the sink drains better. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
RanCarr, so glad you have found a peaceable solution. Now you can enjoy camping/traveling/relaxing!!

So happy to see smiley faces in your posts. :)

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk