Project LM 365

BusManRG

If it was coated in a more durable covering, it would be in my cart!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm sure there are spray on sealants that would take care of that for you if it was needed. I think that foam already has a coating.

Jarrod, let us know when it goes into production!!! 😂

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This white foam or whatever it's called that I'm using is water resistant. It's more of a plastic then foam !!!
I think I'm good to go

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CoveredWagon

I bought a sheet of plastic styrofoam (I call it that) at the wife's favorite craft store yesterday and made one yesterday. It works so much better than anything else I tried.

Thanks Jerrod 😁

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
This white foam or whatever it's called that I'm using is water resistant. It's more of a plastic then foam !!!
I think I'm good to go

Sounds good! I want one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I bought a sheet of plastic styrofoam (I call it that) at the wife's favorite craft store yesterday and made one yesterday. It works so much better than anything else I tried.

Thanks Jerrod
We are supposed to go to Jo-Ann's today for rally Supplies I guess I'll have to look for some more.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It probably is easy to make. But you have the tools/skill/time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

We are supposed to go to Jo-Ann's today for rally Supplies I guess I'll have to look for some more.

The stuff I bought isn't be affected by water. It's not what you used, but it's what they had. I tried a fly cutter but that just tore the into the material. I drew circles with a compass and cut them out. I cut the final product in half right down the center, it's not flexible. When you drop the halves in the hole they secure it nicely around the hose. I think I'll file a couple of notches in as well for cable tv or whatever.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Trailer Mod
I let Henderson's line-up install the "Joy Rider" shock system on the way up to the Oregon rally last Monday. It was just a 55 Mile drive from there to the rally and I definitely could feel a difference. We head home tomorrow morning and will give it a good test.
The before picture is from another RV at the rally.
Ron Russle's installer, installed 9 sets of disc brakes here at the rally. 1 guys and he did a great job. Lots of happy customers

d5e3aa36ce14b603ee3c0405bbb0fbc0.jpg
f33fc7789bafc08af6556003a5d54eec.jpg

MikeR

I had both the Joy Rider and Liberty Rider systems installed after the National Rally. Our floor plan is a rear kitchen. What a difference the change in suspension does for the ride.

Gary521

Trailer Mod
I let Henderson's line-up install the "Joy Rider" shock system on the way up to the Oregon rally last Monday. It was just a 55 Mile drive from there to the rally and I definitely could feel a difference. We head home tomorrow morning and will give it a good test.
The before picture is from another RV at the rally.
Ron Russle's installer, installed 9 sets of disc brakes here at the rally. 1 guys and he did a great job. Lots of happy customers

d5e3aa36ce14b603ee3c0405bbb0fbc0.jpg
f33fc7789bafc08af6556003a5d54eec.jpg

When you say that you could feel the difference, what difference do you feel?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Hard to explain in words but mostly when you hit a bump, like a bridge seem or pot hole, you felt it but nothing more. Nothing transfer to the truck after you hit it. "Like a wave motion" that's gone !!!!!
Also seems to be better in the cornering.... Maybe it was just me but it didn't seem to lean and push me in the corners.
The 436 mile ride home today will be a good test.

Hope that made sense
Jerrod

Gary521

On my old trailer, I reconfigured the shock mounts so that the shocks were almost vertical. This looked similar to what your new system look like. To be honest, I did not notice any huge differences pulling trailer. Curious as to what you experience.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We made it home safely.
I'd say I definitely notice a difference. Maybe not a huge "$1400" difference but definitely better then before.
Between the new shocks,
My TrailAir pinbox
My airbags set on 65psi
And my 2017 Ford F350 I really do have a pretty good ride.

I check weighed the rig when we left Canyonville this morning.
"29300" lbs gross
Truck weighs
9700 lbs
There's maybe a few hundred pounds of stuff in there from the rally so my normal gross I'd say is around "29000" lbs
The truck doesn't even know it's back there.
9b58675dc6b70cf9d47c0a14e822dc1b.jpg

G_S

I have a pic of the weight assessment from Henderson.
a01564c7de6554b7da75caab9ae5ff0b.jpg
69d543fbff18bef2dc1c5f859a3881b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldelmer1

Next
This is a simple docking station seal I made out of some scrap foam I had. I cut it out at two different diameters so it will fit down in the hole and not fall through.
This is to keep dirt, bugs and rodents out.

e6382f281386f7d6c660364f40096be8.jpg

So I went looking for this foam today, and as I was walking over to Staples to look, I passed a 5 BELOW store. And look what was sitting in a bin outside the store:

20170921_153346.jpg20170921_153401.jpg

Its a little but bigger than the cap.

Cant go wrong for $5.00.....

Jerrod, how thick did you make yours?

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
So I went looking for this foam today, and as I was walking over to Staples to look, I passed a 5 BELOW store. And look what was sitting in a bin outside the store:

View attachment 54620View attachment 54621

Its a little but bigger than the cap.

Cant go wrong for $5.00.....

Jerrod, how thick did you make yours?

I made a similar one a few years ago, but used a piece of scrap 2" thick seat cushion foam I got at JoAnn Fabrics. Cut a small X in the center so it grips the hose tightly. I also stuff small sections of it around the openings in the front compartment floor for the jacks.