Project LM 365

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
It's about 1.5" thick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jerrod,

You need to patten this and several of your ideas and sell them. I will be your first customer! Maybe even have an additional one that has 2 holes, to allow for a flush hose, coax cables, etc...

Rod

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just checked the ULINE catalog and think I might have found it
I'll try to see how many I can get out of the 24x24x2" pack $116 if I can sell them for $10 a piece it will be worth my time

a9b8e4a1df97f66dcd02062048a3726c.jpg

BusManRG

Next
This is a simple docking station seal I made out of some scrap foam I had. I cut it out at two different diameters so it will fit down in the hole and not fall through.
This is to keep dirt, bugs and rodents out.

Isn't it funny how we can get so excited over the simple things? And the fact is, we had been looking to purchase something like this for our old rig and there was nothing out there. You have quite a knack for creating or finding items that either we've all been looking for or didn't realize how much we needed it until you've modeled it. Hmmmm, it just hit me that you are like the QVC of the RV world.

Sandy

- - - Updated - - -

So I've been told that we need an 80amp fuse:). I've looked on Amazon and they don't look the same as the 50's. Do you think you could post a link to the fuse you have purchased before? And thanks again for the help with the level up in Jackson!

Sandy

Oregon_Camper

So I've been told that we need an 80amp fuse:). I've looked on Amazon and they don't look the same as the 50's. Do you think you could post a link to the fuse you have purchased before? And thanks again for the help with the level up in Jackson!

Sandy

Replacing that 50amp with an 80amp is a great idea. I did this about 6 months ago, after reading about it here.

Link to 80amp fuse on Amazon

Here is what the fuse looks like.

61CoKNKbnEL._SL1001_.jpg

Here it is installed. You will see the red arrow pointing to the location where I moved cable from original 50amp fuse. BTW...this is for my 6-point leveling.

ssss.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Isn't it funny how we can get so excited over the simple things? And the fact is, we had been looking to purchase something like this for our old rig and there was nothing out there. You have quite a knack for creating or finding items that either we've all been looking for or didn't realize how much we needed it until you've modeled it. Hmmmm, it just hit me that you are like the QVC of the RV world.

Sandy

- - - Updated - - -

Sandy

That's funny Sandy
The 80amp breaker that Jim posted is the one I'm using. If you guys get one and bring it buy I'll install it for you.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Replacing that 50amp with an 80amp is a great idea. I did this about 6 months ago, after reading about it here.

Link to 80amp fuse on Amazon

Here is what the fuse looks like.

View attachment 54837

Here it is installed. You will see the red arrow pointing to the location where I moved cable from original 50amp fuse. BTW...this is for my 6-point leveling.

View attachment 54836

c4286ae982b404f42dbb2043b0954d76.jpg

Jim I see you have that 80amp breaker powered off of your master shut off switch. Unless you've change yours, there is a 50amp breaker in line before that switch. I made a new cable running directly from my batteries (bus bar in my case) to the 80amp breaker.

I see it here
7aa4943b348ef4e838a636c0c779e599.jpg

Last edited:

BusManRG

That's funny Sandy
The 80amp breaker that Jim posted is the one I'm using. If you guys get one and bring it buy I'll install it for you.

Sounds like a plan! Now, if we can just find a time we are both in town, especially you two!!

Oregon_Camper

I see it here
7aa4943b348ef4e838a636c0c779e599.jpg

The power/fuse you have circled in green is always hot and powers the brakes on the trailer. You can see it called out in my wiring diagram below. I put it above the breaker in the diagram below, but you can see it is actually between the busbar and the 80amp breaker. You can tell this isn't part of the normal busbar power system, as the busbar does not reach this fuse.

Power Distribution - Sept 2017.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

In your diagram both of the curcits (circled in blue) are pulling power from the 50 amp circuit breaker circled in green !!!
That's the same way most of the ones I've seen are wired from the factory with that 50 amp circuit breaker before the master shut off switch.
32e43fbe5b3aea25a4a24f64db5c6c03.jpg

Oregon_Camper

In your diagram both of the curcits (circled in blue) are pulling power from the 50 amp circuit breaker circled in green !!!
That's the same way most of the ones I've seen are wired from the factory with that 50 amp circuit breaker before the master shut off switch.

Yep...I was going to replace that one with an 80amp fuse. But, the funny thing is, that fuse has never blown. The one on the busbar did...a LOT!

I have a spare 50amp fuse in the RV and can quickly replace if needed. I don't think the one you circled in Green has a reset switch. (so if it pops...it will be replaced)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That’s the truth!!! I was so disappointed not winning that pillow that Rhonda had donated, I asked Linda Memmer to work on a design for me in her spare time!
Rhonda can get you one Sandy. She had a lot of different disignes and colors to pick from.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yep...I was going to replace that one with an 80amp fuse. But, the funny thing is, that fuse has never blown. The one on the busbar did...a LOT!

I have a spare 50amp fuse in the RV and can quickly replace if needed. I don't think the one you circled in Green has a reset switch. (so if it pops...it will be replaced)
I just had to replace that green circled breaker on Rich and Sandy RV at the rally. It was tripped while trying to retract the Level-up jack.
Installed a new 50amp auto reset circuit breaker and all is good for now. When I installed there 80amp breaker the power cable will come directly from the batteries. Not through the 50amp breaker and the master shut off switch.
I'm thinking I may install another shut off switch just for that beings they do put I it in storage alot. As I'm typing this I'm thinking they can just push the trip button on the 80amp breaker to disconnect power while in storage.
Thanks for helping me figuring that out !!!!!

BusManRG

I just had to replace that green circled breaker on Rich and Sandy RV at the rally. It was tripped while trying to retract the Level-up jack.
Installed a new 50amp auto reset circuit breaker and all is good for now. When I installed there 80amp breaker the power cable will come directly from the batteries. Not through the 50amp breaker and the master shut off switch.
I'm thinking I may install another shut off switch just for that beings they do put I it in storage alot. As I'm typing this I'm thinking they can just push the trip button on the 80amp breaker to disconnect power while in storage.
Thanks for helping me figuring that out !!!!!

Excuse my ignorance, but if we push the trip button on the new breaker every time we store the unit, will that weaken the breaker faster?

SLO

Excuse my ignorance, but if we push the trip button on the new breaker every time we store the unit, will that weaken the breaker faster?

I heard it's not a good idea to turn residential breaker off and on a lot for that reason. Although turn off my 80a hydraulic breaker when camped so the front landing gear is not messed with. That's something I think about every time I turn on or off the breaker in the campground pedestal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk