Project LM 365

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Rod, in the thread I mentioned, the tie in was directly into the 50 amp breakers along with the main power wires, rather than by adding additional branch breakers. Is that how yours is?

I'm not sure, but electrical code for putting 2 wires under the screw of a breaker may require a breaker that's rated that way. I'm not sure how that differs electrically from 2 wires under the screw in the transfer switch, but there could be some difference.

Mine has a branch to the breaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flick

Generally speaking, code doesn’t allow for 2 wires under a breaker screw in residential wiring. However, it’s done quite often. Always better to use a wire nut to join wires and put a single jumper wire under a screw.

Kathi-27

jerrod hi do you by chance have the p/n for the flex air pin box on your landmark. thinking about getting one

For20hunter

I have the same one as him. Here you go
e70cc524f53d6a9094ad46096e178883.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well I haven't done much to the Rig ether then ENJOY it. Not much to post about on that. Rod D. did a parts shopping list for my Jerrod 7-way Box that I will get him to post a link on here for those of you that want to make your own.

The Question was asked on a PM of how I liked the new 2020 F450. WOW isn't a big enough word to describe it.

The truck is a monster. The power is incredible. I only have 8000 miles on it so still breaking in. It is getting better mileage but not a lot better just yet. I drive to fast for the 4:30 rear ends. I think I might look into changing them. I'm rolling around 2200 RPM most of the time. And climbing mountains in 8th and 9th gear. with the 10 speed trans and 3 over drives I think a 3:73 or 4:10 rear end would be a lot better for what I'm towing. I'm not towing 34K like it can so a higher gear would be ideal. But it is set up to pull anything you want. The Trans shifts so smoothly it just flows through the gears and always seems to be in the right one.

Now for the Kelderman Air Ride WOW WOW WOW !!!! The 450 ride amazing on its own but pulling the trailer is incredible. The Air ride truck and the MORryde IS on the Landmark and the TrailAir pinbox, all work together flawlessly. I Think I drive DW nuts saying how incredible it rides every few hours as we are rolling down the road with a big smile on my face :). LOL And the best part is SHE agrees with me. It's a huge difference from the F350 that it replaced.
Best thing I ever did. I will Defiantly do it again on the next one.

Oregon_Camper

The truck is a monster. The power is incredible. I only have 8000 miles on it so still breaking in. It is getting better mileage but not a lot better just yet. I drive to fast for the 4:30 rear ends. I think I might look into changing them. I'm rolling around 2200 RPM most of the time. And climbing mountains in 8th and 9th gear. with the 10 speed trans and 3 over drives I think a 3:73 or 4:10 rear end would be a lot better for what I'm towing. I'm not towing 34K like it can so a higher gear would be ideal. But it is set up to pull anything you want. The Trans shifts so smoothly it just flows through the gears and always seems to be in the right one.

Tell me about the massage seats. It is great or just a gimmick? I start to "fell it" in my back after driving for >4hrs and was hoping this massage (and heat) would help.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Tell me about the massage seats. It is great or just a gimmick? I start to "fell it" in my back after driving for >4hrs and was hoping this massage (and heat) would help.

I love the massaging seats. The pump in the 2020 seems to be a lot quieter then my 2017 was. I like the rotating motion of the 2020 massager more the the 2017 also. The 2017 use to shut off after 20 min which was annoying. These keep on going for a long time. I really like them when I remember to turn it on.

For20hunter

Well I haven't done much to the Rig ether then ENJOY it. Not much to post about on that. Rod D. did a parts shopping list for my Jerrod 7-way Box that I will get him to post a link on here for those of you that want to make your own.

Here you go, here's the parts list and direction for making your own Jerrod box, including links to where to purchase the parts.

View attachment Jerrod Box.pdf

Bogie

Jerrod, Rod,

Thanks for the great work! I'm sure many will benefit from this.

Have one small suggestions though. You might want to tweak the wiring diagram on page 3 to show the correct orientation of the diodes. While some will have the knowledge to figure it out themselves, others with less electrical knowledge may may need a little more guidance to wire them correctly.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Found these Ford Upfitter switch labels on Amazon the other day.
Not super fancy but definitely keeps me from trying to remember what is on each switch.
My 2017 was wired a bit different so I keep getting confused of what I did on this one.. lol
I'm going to call the company and see if I can get a better font.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
2fda3f5206d31ed9cfe782e2fbe5561a.jpg
a447a35a8428c7f006dcee72f2aa94da.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Did a quick simple addition to the F450.

I have been buying my DEF at the Truck stop pumps as much as possible. It is cheaper and usually easier. However to get the pump to pump correctly you need the magnetic adapter on the nozzle. They usually take your Divers license in exchange for the adapter, then you have to go inside and get it and then go back inside to return it. That can be a problem at a busy truck stop.

So Amazon to the rescue.

I found this one from "Five Star DEF".

After thinking about were to store it. The instructions say to keep it away from magnetic strips on Credit cards and magnetic devices. Keep it in the plastic bag to avoid the mess.

My solution is to mount it inside of the fuel door right where I need it. It fits on this wooden dowel perfectly.

fc8c0e746c34712df05da88bdae37b94.jpg

7d2ea703ae74b1a648bc306eea9abf79.jpg

063e78999c35a8afcf34e2f692423389.jpg

ee884b01f53d457bce5cb49016192e25.jpg

cd87d9dfdbe26cf349ff8ca4f46839ae.jpg

019f46bc1d7f82f4d7c82b45c2c78786.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kbausano

Not quite sure I understand the problem this magnet is correcting. (So far) I haven’t noticed an issue when pumping def from a truck stop dispenser into my 2017 F-450. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flick

Not quite sure I understand the problem this magnet is correcting. (So far) I haven’t noticed an issue when pumping def from a truck stop dispenser into my 2017 F-450. What am I missing?

Some truck stops have these magnetized hoses. You have to have the magnet when you have a plastic tank or you get no def. I think maybe it affords protection from accidentally filling the diesel tank with def? Someone hopefully will tell us for sure.

danemayer

I use Flying J/Pilot all over the place and never needed a magnet to pump DEF.

IIRC, Love's Truck Stops require the magnet.