Project LM 365

Bones

Yesterdays​ project.
After getting warning tickets on our RV in Vegas for having our flag pole stuck into the gravel.
DW wanted something freestanding. Well she got on Pinterest and started looking for something she liked, then sending me pictures of them.
I was in the middle of making my T-REX bars so I was just blowing her off.:).
Now that my bars are in Powder Coating and the RV was at the dealer getting the Cilijet wax job. I had time to put something together.

Most all of these parts were from Home depot.

She has a Zoey statue coming but this is the real thing. LOL

I used a
Aluminum 4x4 mailbox post.
A solar powered led post light
Small piece of plywood base
Rock decor door mat
Cut to size 4x4 lagged to the plywood to set the post on.
Some trim board for the bottom.
She found the flag hanger on Amazon

Project done.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What type of flag post was it? One of the small ones that fit the flag you show here? If so what is the worry about it?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya the little small rod flag stakes that you push into the ground. There massive full page of rules, one say absolutely nothing can be pocket into the ground. And they would go around and police it. The only thing​we can think of is Rhonda seen them working on a sprinkler pipe and she said it was only a few inches deep. So maybe that's there reason. They had a ton of rules there.

carl.swoyer

Well my truck is in the way but this is my Flag Pole. I took 2 pieces of pressure treated 2x12 drilled two ​holes in one and one hole in the second. The board with two holes goes up under the king pin and it is held in place with​ my old tri- pod and a tension strap ( ratchet straps) . The second board lays on the ground and is held in place with a cement Bulldog ( USMC RETIRED). I purchased a collapsible flag pole from harbor freight for 40 bucks. The board with 2 hole has additional flag pole holder's for my wife to hang her flags. A piece of 6" PVC hangs in the basement so I can store it while traveling. Complete set up time is about 15 minutes. I us an led solar light to keep the flags lit at night.
65c14a02a5f0cc3d20fe71ac77ff2f96.jpg
fc7dc2c8123d60ff7c813c5f032b8c75.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BusManRG

Really nice looking! I can't wait to see some of your projects in person...but I think I may have to pull out my raincoat for that to happen!

Sandy

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sandy the flag pole was not me.
We will hopefully stay dry until Friday.
We will be heading up there tomorrow and should enjoy some beautiful weather for a few days.
I guess it looks like you'll be coming in on Thursday.
See you then.

BusManRG

Sandy the flag pole was not me.
We will hopefully stay dry until Friday.
We will be heading up there tomorrow and should enjoy some beautiful weather for a few days.
I guess it looks like you'll be coming in on Thursday.
See you then.

I was referring to the lamp/flag post. :) And of course, the sweet dog.

Bones

Ya the little small rod flag stakes that you push into the ground. There massive full page of rules, one say absolutely nothing can be pocket into the ground. And they would go around and police it. The only thing​we can think of is Rhonda seen them working on a sprinkler pipe and she said it was only a few inches deep. So maybe that's there reason. They had a ton of rules there.

Well that would be a good reason. I stick those little flag poles in the ground all the time.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,
You need some more stuff in you basement. I still see some unused space.
I knew that was coming !!!!!
You wouldn't believe how much stuff we have in there.
2 upright chairs
2 recliner chairs
2 of those cushy chairs
2 tables
2 BBQs "Trager & Weber"
2 different mats
1 Tool box
1 Air compressor
1 Water hose tub
1 Sewer tub
1 Odds and ends tub
1 Picnic table canopy
And now 1 flag pole
And that's not including the stuff I have behind the wall and in my drawer 😱

LOL

Oregon_Camper

I knew that was coming !!!!!
You wouldn't believe how much stuff we have in there.
2 upright chairs
2 recliner chairs
2 of those cushy chairs
2 tables
2 BBQs "Trager & Weber"
2 different mats
1 Tool box
1 Air compressor
1 Water hose tub
1 Sewer tub
1 Odds and ends tub
1 Picnic table canopy
And now 1 flag pole
And that's not including the stuff I have behind the wall and in my drawer 😱

LOL

c04a3a7757718cca8bf4a437c699cf0f.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Don I'm behind that basement wall all the time. I can be unloaded and walls down in less than 15 minutes.
We had a toyhauler with a 10' garage prior to this rig and we were really worried we would miss the garage. So far almost 2 years later with this massive basement in our Ashland we haven't misted it. Actually I like it better.... Now we have a limited on what we can take..

rono

Here's my version of the light pole. It all breaks down to individual pieces to store in basement.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 148

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Very nice, I like the bright light.
It's​ funny because this park we are all at in Red Bluff has the same rule
No stakes in the ground due to shallow sprinkler plumbing.