Project LM 365

danemayer

You'll also want to check the voltage with the 7-way plug disconnected. As I recall from prior explanations, you have some components added to the wiring box. If voltage is ok at the truck when unplugged, you may need to do some isolation at the box.

danemayer

It is just pin 4 where the voltage is low?

Also, I recall someone having a problem due to a poor ground connection between truck and trailer. Something to do with the hitch IIRC. That brings up the question of what ground you're using with the meter.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dealing with a much bigger issue right now. All of the screws that hold the inner rear wall to the subfloor are brocken.. I can count about 6 across the back. That are sheared off. My entire rear cap has been moving side to side about 2" - 1" in each direction while going down the road.
I've done a bit of investigating and I'm doing everything I can to not have to remove the rear cap.
I'm able to access about 6" of the cross bracing from the rear taillight holes. I will be able to install some big lag bolts there then secure the center from inside behind the couch with a 66" aluminum angle iron.
That's my plan.

5544f53422337e6513edbe5ba2a5b665.jpg
6cc8a0c762eeb7ef688b0aa1ece68892.jpg
ee8743e7a58c4acea787cfc19bc4a5d8.jpg
d00c83f37a5595ec2e726e967333d99e.jpg
1314ff8b98cf75d35bb2b44c052dc34b.jpg
11cd14734405b17b137421d9a9651ee7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It is just pin 4 where the voltage is low?

Also, I recall someone having a problem due to a poor ground connection between truck and trailer. Something to do with the hitch IIRC. That brings up the question of what ground you're using with the meter.
Using the ground in the 7way plug

kbausano

Dealing with a much bigger issue right now. All of the screws that hold the inner rear wall to the subfloor are brocken.. I can count about 6 across the back. That are sheared off. My entire rear cap has been moving side to side about 2" - 1" in each direction while going down the road.

Holy B’Jesus! If Heartland was my company (actually, it is: since I have THOR stock in my portfolio), I would send factory technicians directly to Jarred’s location to fix any and every single thing that might ever be or have been wrong or need tweeking on the Jess’ rig. He has been a pillar of support to Heartland owners in the west, and by being so, has sold more people on Heartland products than perhaps any salesman. It would be in the best interest of the corporation to take care of this family in a direct and forthright manner, and ASAP, in my opinion.

The worst thing possible might be to assume the Jess family will simply fix their own issues (as they have done in the past), and then assume they will remain ardent supporters of the product.

Jim Beletti - what’s your thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I called Heartland and he wasn't to concerned and said my warranty was expired after the 2 years.
Not much help to me.
He did send me a picture of the structure
23f6ac5068ae872e58e463e90170257c.jpg

kbausano

Thanks Ken but we both know that will never happen.

Those Class A rigs are looking better and better, sadly.

And it’s simply stunning that there is no recognition of the failure of basic structural integrity as being an issue deserving of direct intervention (remembering Lydel’s recent axle and springs issue).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Jerrod,

Landmark came with a 2/5 warranty for a while starting in 2012. The 5 years was a structural warranty. It did require annual dealer inspections, but I think that was probably to preclude water damage to the structure.

You might check the trailer manual to see if that was in play for your LM. If so, even if you didn't have annual inspections, it's possible Heartland might grant an accommodation on structural repairs depending on what the cause is determined to be.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That's what I told him and he said no they don't have that coverage.
I'm going to fix it better then they will anyway.
It just ticks me off !!!!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ok this is where I'm at with this fix.
I have pre drilled the 1.5"×1.5" stud and screwed it in in 2 places on each side. Using the access from the taillights. It is solid as heck but my plan was to do more inside. This will be behind the couch so you'll never see it. I'm on the fence right now of whether I should do it or not.

fad6f6f1b2c8e9edc14a4c79ee37b7db.jpg
178707ca9cba2d489942689967de7135.jpg
7bbc2cb208d8bdeb8004c4482660c1e4.jpg
682568e09d9c7668d726b42205343013.jpg

TikiDawg

Ok this is where I'm at with this fix.
I have pre drilled the 1.5"×1.5" stud and screwed it in in 2 places on each side. Using the access from the taillights. It is solid as heck but my plan was to do more inside. This will be behind the couch so you'll never see it. I'm on the fence right now of whether I should do it or not.

fad6f6f1b2c8e9edc14a4c79ee37b7db.jpg
178707ca9cba2d489942689967de7135.jpg
7bbc2cb208d8bdeb8004c4482660c1e4.jpg
682568e09d9c7668d726b42205343013.jpg

You are the Master Craftsman. Whichever way you repair the problem, will be top notch. I would hit it from the inside too and make a cover trim piece.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

All of you that can access yours from behind the taillights, I would get in there now and reinforce it asap. That will save the center screws that we can't get to.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Now I found that my island side panel was coming off. Looking in a little deeper I see the whole end of my island frame is dropping down over the pedistool. Because of shotty construction and poor design. They just used staples to make the base. They are all bending and pulling out.

I will raise it back up and put some more supports then use screws to reinforce it
e2aa2ba946f512106a99ea547b4fd211.jpg
61c39d93c58ccbd0123298152bbe7739.jpg

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
wow I'm starting to wonder if keeping my 2016 Bighorn is a good idea? or get out from under it while its still in one peace.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You are the Master Craftsman. Whichever way you repair the problem, will be top notch. I would hit it from the inside too and make a cover trim piece.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Thanks Steve
Its fixed and done.
My cover trim is a couch !!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I forgot to take pictures before I replaced to end panel.
Oh well

2 of my big problems are fixed and behind me. Literally LOL

Now I just need to work on my charging issue.
Tomorrow is a new day.