Prospective CY 3950

ClanDad

I am a first time RV buyer and have done considerable research into the Cyclone line via this site and others websites and have decided that the 39500 offers what we are looking for. (I have been looking at the 4100 King also) I also took into consideration how much I can tow with my 2005 F350 King Ranch 4X4. I have not ruled out the possibility of buying a new dually but I want to wait until we have completed our next move back to the states from our overseas tour.
Are there any good/bad news stories members could share to assist in my decision making process?

Thank you!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: Prospective CY 39500

You'll get a lot of opinions on your tow vehicle, but I would not tow something with the pin weight (equates to payload on your tow vehicle) of the big cyclones with anything less than a (pick your brand) F350/3500 dually.

caissiel

I would not tow any TH with a SRW. The pin weight is unpredictable and dually required.
Though I tow a 15k BC easily with my SRW.
The Ford spring pact will be the first to be to weak if the tires can hold the load. They are designed for soft ride and will ride on the overloads as I experienced.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

scottyb

ClanDad, it is a personal decision you will have to make and there are always a lot of opinions about this subject, so here's mine. All the 18K Cyclones are within a couple hundred lbs of each other in pin and dry weight. I pulled my 4100 with a 07 SRW 3500 for 4Kmi. I was grossly overloaded on the rear axle and rear tires. It wasn't a matter of power, it was a matter of rolling the dice and I didn't like the feel in a cross wind. No problem now, towing the same rig with a DRW. The stability is like night and day. and I am loaded about as heavy as you can get and I'm still under the truck's and tire's capacity. Remember that the dry and pin weights are w/o any options like the generator.