Ordered A New Cyclone

porthole

Retired
Thanks everyone for the input, it sure has been helpful, I should look and see what my 07 F-350 is, do not know if it is LS or not, and yes the new truck is a 4 x 4, I would not own another truck with out it

Dave, if you "really" like that KR, come to a final deal price and then change your mind because of the LS. Have the dealer install it to make the deal.

When I worked in new car dealers I did quite a few LS upgrades and doing it before the truck had any miles meant no issues with gears, bearings or noise

Last edited:
Well I checked and my old truck does have the LS, the new truck does not, however I'm not going to let that be a deal breaker, my 07 CC diesel seams to get stuck often in the winter just because of all the weight that is on the front due to the diesel engine, I just put in 4 wheel drive for a bit and away I go, so I'm just going to take it with the regular rear end, I go down to the dealer Saturday morning (4/30/13) and do the paper work on the truck. So I should have a new truck by afternoon. When our new trailer is ready I'm going to drive out to Elkhart, Ind. and pick it up with the new truck.

Well everyone I bought the new truck, a 2013 F-350 King Ranch, Crew Cab, 4x4, with the 6.7L Diesel, I got it on Wednesday and took it out and put 200+ miles on it, started out at just over 14 mpg and by the time I got home I was getting 19.2 mpg. Can't believe how much nicer of a ride it has compared to my 07 F-350, just does not even sound like a diesel most of the time, nice and quit going down the road, Have always liked the sound of the diesel but I guess that with a little age, I now like things a little more quit, the wife sure likes it better. Bottom line, I Love The New Truck.:)

scottyb

Congrats on the new truck. You will be glad to have it when the 4100 gets here. We are leaving in the AM headed to Big Bend NP for 9 days. My 2013 has 3500 mi already, but this is it's maiden voyage with the Cyclone. Probably add about 1200 mi on this trip.

DonnyB007

It's great to see how technology improves things and Ford seems to be working real hard to try and keep ahead of the pack. Enjoy your new truck and many happy days ahead :)

Well it has been a while sense I posted anything about my new truck and trailer, I picked up the Cyclone right at the factory in Elkhart, In., and pulled it from there out to Dayton, Oh., for the Ham Radio convention and stayed in it for 4 days and then pulled it home to Cross Lake, Mn. Then pulled it out to Rapid City, Sd., for Hot Harley Nights, a fund raiser for the Make A Wish Foundation, had my motorcycle loaded in the back of the trailer and did some riding out there, then back home to Mn. Then my wife and I pulled it out to Hill City, Sd for the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and had a blast out there, this was my 9th year in a row going to Sturgis. Now it is September and we are leaving on the 25th of this month and headed for Albuquerque, NM., for the Hot Air Balloon fiesta that starts the end of the first week of October, then over to Texas, we will be gone tel the end of October. We just love the new truck and Cyclone trailer, lots of power from the truck and lots of room in the trailer. We have had a few minor problems with the trailer but it is at the dealer that we got it from having things corrected. IMG_20130516_093617_553.jpg

DonnyB007

6.7 liters of engine power!! That is a hefty engine, but then, that us a hefty trailer :)

What a great treat Dave to have the trailer plus the nice Ford truck - pure enjoyment!

When I was at McGregor, Ontario Heartland Rally; they had an "open house" and participants went around and saw each others units. One of the members had a Cyclone and we were all really impressed with the unit. It sounds like you are enjoying your unit as much as the couple we saw at McGregor :)

happy travels :)

Thanks Don for the reply and Yes we are enjoying our new truck and trailer, I hope to make one of the Hartland Rallies one of these days, they sound like a lot of fun